G&G Nitestands cont'd 1

glenn bradley

Moving right along (finally). Here's a couple side assemblies, shelf and rear apron. Note the machining for the fig-8 connectors and a spanning brace (more on that in a sec).

Parts-is-parts.jpg

All joints are pegged tenons. The shelf is a pegged through tenon and is not glued.

Lower-shelf-peg-holes.jpg

Hang with me a moment, I'll get there . . .

Partial.jpg

I wanted the drawer front to echo the side and rear aprons in appearance so that meant no frame at the drawer front. I added a spanning brace that will work along with the shelf to keep thing correct over time.

Top-Brace.jpg

Square, square, square . . . keepin' it square.

Square-up.jpg

Gotta go do the other one before I lose momentum.

Last edited:
momentum??

whats that? looks like your on a roll glen:thumb: dnt need momentum when your good...:) still like that detail on your legs, now how did you do that again?

I really have been out of it. I thought I posted all kinds of stuff about this build and now realize I never did, I just started in as if I was continuing something . . . .DOH! :doh:

Here's the jig (thank you Mr. Peart). It is upside down in the pic and the little 1/4" piece you see at the end holds the leg at an angle "just so". A 1/2" straight bit and a 1" collar do the trick in creating the "ramp". Hand shaping makes it purty.

Blacker-Jig.jpg

This is actually the lower stretcher getting mortised so the bit is 1/4" but, the leg-detail jig works about the same in practice.

D-Mort-Jig-and-Router.jpg.jpg