Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gloat

Gloat

The LOML works at Wheatridge Retirement Center here in town. She wanted to take some of my turnings to display for a week or so for the residents to see and wanted me to explain the how's, what's, etc. So I did. Well the director of the Carnagie Arts Center came down to give some arts classes to the residents. She asked my wife who's woodturnings those were. So my wife told her. My wife called me and told me to come over as someone wanted to talk to me. Anyway she wants me to bring a bunch of my woodturnings down to the Arts Center to be one of the featured artist for the months of November and December. She also wants me to make enough Christmas ornaments and mini birdhouses to decorate a Christmas tree with. She told me to put prices on them if I wanted to sell them and that the Arts Center would get 30%. So I will be taking down around 30 turnings to display plus about 40 ornaments and hopefully will sell some. So today I have been turning bottle stoppers and more mini birdhouses. I got some pepper and salt mills turned. So this is kind of exciting for me.
    Bernie W.

Retirement: Thats when you return from work one day
    and say, Hi, Honey, Im home forever.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Great news Bernie

Now get to work!
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

Good for you Bernie, I'm sure they will enjoy viewing (and buying) your pieces!

Maybe you should modify your signature to include 1 percent luck
    Anything that can go wrong will go wrong, so keep your hands away and watch out!

Way to go Bernie,

I am certain things will go really well for you. It looks like you will be a busy man.

Best wishes,
    Dave

Congrats, Bernie. Sounds like it might be a foot in a pretty lucrative door. Way to go.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Congrats Bernie! Look forward to hearing how it goes!
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

way to go! Congrats!

Good job Bernie!!!!!!
    This provides a different type of clientele than the "crafts" people. Maybe more money??
    Jon

God and family, the rest is icing on the cake. I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place!

Host of the 2015 FAMILY WOODWORKING GATHERING

Thanks everyone. I am a little nervous and excited at the same time. She wants me bring vases, oil lamps, bowls, lidded boxes, potpourri pots, and my cheese platters. She wants me to bring down just before Thanksgiving mini birdhouses, ornaments and bells. Last year I sold 51 of them from $15.50 to $24.50. Hopefully it will go again.

The other thing she mentioned is that they like to exchange featured artists between a lot of these small towns and wanted to know if I would be interested. She said the Galleries commission is 30% and she will move my stuff around for a 2% more. I think that is great because there would be no way with my job I could. Anyway hope it works out.
    Bernie W.

Retirement: Thats when you return from work one day
    and say, Hi, Honey, Im home forever.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Great news! Grats...let the chips fly
    Your Respiratory Therapist wears Combat boots