Thread: Cribbage Bd

Cribbage Bd

I have a friend making some cribbage boards / boxes as gifts. Here is a pic of the top. I do the laser work.

The holes - we tried differint methods with the laser doing the complete hole none satisfactory so we went with a starting point for a brad point bit. That way it makes a nice clean hole in the correct location.

This is a 3/8 thick top that will be part of a storage box. Sides of walnut. top and bottom of maple.

Last year he made some out of a solid piece of wood and routed out a spot in the back to store cards and pegs.

Laser work takes about 8 minutes per board. Now he can go drill some holes - carefully!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cribbd20082.jpg  

Neat project. I would think getting all the holes neatly placed would be a difficult step.

Nice project Pete. Need to add a logo or some other decorative design on the end.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

I like it very much, but could you tell me what is cribbage board and how do you play with it?? It is the first time I see one. Thanks
    Best regards,
    Toni

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________
    web site:http://www.toniciuraneta.com
    I also dream of a shop with north light where my hands can be busy, my soul rest and my mind wander...

Rev 2

The boards he made last year had some text at one end saying who it was made for and by whom along with some text on the back on the history of cribbage.

This year he wanted to keep it simple. On one end close to one of the curved lines ( look a little below the start on the left side ) in very small text, is the builders name and year.

thats over 400 holes, but its a nice looking piece of craftsmanship.
    thankyou for posting a picture.

use of cribbage board

hey Tony, it is a method of keeping score while playing a card game, Cribbage. I believe it dates back to 1800's.
    As you score points, you "peg" (move the trailing peg) your score counting from the leading peg. An excellent game of concentration and stratagy.

Smile

Mike Barnes;125186]hey Tony, it is a method of keeping score while playing a card game, Cribbage. I believe it dates back to 1800's.
    As you score points, you "peg" (move the trailing peg) your score counting from the leading peg. An excellent game of concentration and stratagy.