New Member in Missouri

Roger Martin

Hello, all. I stumbled on this forum looking for something else the other day at lunch and found it to be very informative even before I joined. Thanks to Vaughn McMillan for the assistance in joining. I do a little woodworking along with a lot of other things. Have done old house renovation for fun and profit (neither of which is true) for several years with my wife on several places here. Have also done antique furniture refinishing and some restoration. Currently working on a 1950's house that my wife's mother lived in before her death last year. Almost done with that so I can go back to working in my former 50's bomb shelter shop (16 X 24). Always enjoy learning and looks like there is lots of information on this forum. Glad to be a part.

Roger
from St. Joseph, MO-- where the Pony Express began and Jessee James ended!

Currently working on a 1950's house that my wife's mother lived in before her death last year. Almost done with that so I can go back to working in my former 50's bomb shelter shop (16 X 24).

Welcome to the Family Roger! :wave:

Plesae post some pics of the renovation and your shop. Both sound unique!

Welcome to the family Roger! :wave:

Sounds like you keep yourself quite busy. Is the shop truely an old bomb shelter? If so, would like to see some pics, sounds interesting.

Thanks for all the good wishes. I will have to get the camera out and get some pics of the space I have for a shop. The house was built in 1954 at the height of the A-bomb scare and the original owners had a 50's style room built under the screened porch on the corner of the house. The 16 X 24 space has exterior concrete/brick facade walls on two sides and 8" of concrete overhead. Inside that space is another room about 6 x 10 walled off with solid concrete blocks along with some other spaces divided off with blocks at the access door and for a food storage area. Really messes with the usable space. I need to cut an exterior door through the block and brick wall before I knock down all the interior dividers and make one big room. That is the project for later this winter.