Thread: I think I'm done for

I think I'm done for

I stopped by where tthe LOML works this morning just to say hi for a minute. On my way out, I notice that there's a large maple tree cut up in pieces in the lot next door. I immediately think 'hmmm turning stock' .

I don't even have a lathe yet. is there any hope for me??
    -Ned

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    Your standing on the edge with one foot on aa bannana peel..
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Shame you're so far away. I've got that Rikon to help you fall in, but the freight would be a little iinhibitive.

Bruce

Bruce,
    yeah IL to NY would add a bit to the price. never know though, I do work in trucking... if you crated it up, and I contacted an LTL carrier....

bad ned, baaaaaaaaaaad

honestly, right now I don't have a place to use more than just my scrollsaw and a few basic tools.

Thanks for the thought though.
    -Ned

I've been told that this is the very early onset of the "spinny disease" that everyone talks about. I was lucky, when we had a tree cut down in our back yard a little over a year ago, I asked the guys at SMC if anyone in the area was interested in any for turning. I never once thought of it for myself. I think I have immunity.

Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...
    Exclusively Irish!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas
    When Irish Eyes are smiling, they're usually up to something!!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...but most likely, I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, season 3

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    No one has immunity from the abyss, it's only when you will be assimilated.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

It's really bad when you notice the neighbors tree has a burl and you try to convince him its an issue and the tree should be cut down.
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Young View Post
    It's really bad when you notice the neighbors tree has a burl and you try to convince him its an issue and the tree should be cut down.
    ....and you will gladly take care of the wood for him, after all it's only being a good neighbor.
    A very wise man once said.......
    "I'll take my chances with Misseurs Smith and Wesson. "