Today i was hoping for a day totally free from any disturbances but it never goes that way..........but i did get in 1/2 day and worked on disassembliing the bed on the bandsaw and the tilt arms (or whatever you call them..lol). Originally the bed was totally frozen and would not move at all. I unbolted the bed and moved it to the work bench and degreesed and sanded it down. Next i took apart the tilt arms and unbloted it from the body of the bandsaw. they were so rusted and filled with old dried greese etc that i would have had to used a scrapper or some sorts to loosen the crap up.
What i decided to do instead was i put Acetone in a 2gal bucket and soaked the parts for several hours in it. Took them out and the stuff easily came off, then soap and water cleaning, then sanding, then for the heck of it put them to soak in DNA for 1 hr.
Ok the painted early that day and reassembled it and greesed up the tracks on the tilt assembly.
What a pain in the butt this was but the fantastic thing is this bed as heavy at it is (and it really is heavy) glides up and down so smoothly i was impressed myself......LOL........pictures attached and the lower side by the motor is not fiinished and painted.................
Now next step is to clean up the table top while i wait on the parts that are being machined and repaired......
P.S.---To all of you that have helped me with this project and continue to give me advice.....Thank You so much this really has been fun