Thread: performax website?

performax website?

I just bought a used Performax 16/32 and so far I love it. The one thing I didn't get with it is the instruction booklet. Does anyone know what their website is so I can download or request one. If not does anyone have one they can download and send me. Any help would be appreciated.
    Virgil

On-line searches point to Jet / WMH Tool Group.
    The manual is here.
    Is this correct?
    Last edited by Frank Townend; 11-02-2008 at 09:09 PM.

I see I'm not right, hang in there.
    This guy has one: Performax 16/32+ Drum Sander
    Last edited by Frank Townend; 11-02-2008 at 09:09 PM.

Frank,
    Thank you for your reply, I checked both links that you sent and visited the one fellows website and checked through his links. Performax is not listed but I did email him anyway hopefully I might hear from him. I also checked out the link for the jet drum sander and it looks exactly like my perfomax in every detail. I am wondering if Jet bought perfomax? Maybe this is why I am not finding their website. Have any clue?

I can check tomorrow at a used tool place. He usually has manuals for almost everything. He had one for my out of production Powermatic bandsaw. Not open mondays.

Quote Originally Posted by Virgil Huffman View Post
    Frank,
    Thank you for your reply, I checked both links that you sent and visited the one fellows website and checked through his links. Performax is not listed but I did email him anyway hopefully I might hear from him. I also checked out the link for the jet drum sander and it looks exactly like my perfomax in every detail. I am wondering if Jet bought perfomax? Maybe this is why I am not finding their website. Have any clue?
    It sure looks like WMH Tool Group (that includes Jet) did buy the line. I found a Performax Web site (www.performaxpower.com/) they only sell hand tools. Was the link to the Jet manual close enough to be of value? This article explains: http://blogs.popularwoodworking.com/...+Mortiser.aspx

Virgil,

Here is the Performax manual. If you look at the Jet 16-32 on Amazon and download the manual, its the Performax.

AMAZON LINK FOR JET 16-32

MANUAL LINK

Definitly looks like WMH is rebranding the Performax to Jet. All the older reviews on Amazon are for Performax.

Randy

Ok just talked to WMH they do own performax and they have put the Jet name to it. Both links is exactly what I was looking for and I really appreciate all the help. It really helps to have people like you people helping others. Thanks again
    Virgil

I'm sure you're going to like your new tool.

I have a little one, the 10/20 and I love it. Just really handy for leveling off things like end grain cutting boards. I know some folks use their planers, but I like the fact that I can do boards wider than my planer can handle and not have to worry about the planer knives tearing out the ends of the boards.

One tip I would have is to buy rolls of sandpaper from somewhere like klingspor. The rolls are a lot cheaper than the pre made paper. I took one of the premads and made a template the same size and length for it out of an old board. That way I can just spring clamp the bulk paper to the template, mark the taper, and then cut it with a pair of shop shears. Whenever I need a new piece of paper, I'll general cut several out at the same time.

Have fun!
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash