Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fenner Power Twist Belt

Fenner Power Twist Belt

Anybody have any thoughts on using the Fenner link type belt on their equipment in there shop?
    I was wondering if this belt is as great as everyone blogging it says it is.

I put the link to finewood working below for a quick look......comments?

Dan

http://www.taunton.com/finewoodworki...62&tab=_editor

I had it on my sears bandsaw and it got rid of all the vibration. A standard belt takes on a set so when you use it you have two flat sides and two humps. The link belt will not do this so it runs smoother. I also put it on my table saw and it now will run with a nickle standing on edge. I really notice the difference in cold weather.

Link Belts are worth every penny you pay for them!

The best example I have is a contractor saw I had until I sold it a few years ago. It had the typical vibration, especially on startup. After swapping to the link belt, the saw passed the nickle test.
    Bill Arnold
    Citizen of Texas residing in Georgia.
    NRA Life Member and Member of Mensa
    My Weather Underground station

Dan
    There is no question in my mind about the value of this product. I have it on my Delta bandsaw and my Grizzly Jointer.
    More importantly look up on the web the real big users and you will see that it is used in heavy industry. We are a peripheral market by comparison. If you can afford it go for it.

Has anyone tried it on a variable speed clutch type of drill press or lathe?
    cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Keeble View Post
    ... Has anyone tried it on a variable speed clutch type of drill press or lathe?
    I have one on my Jet 1236 lathe -- operates very smoothly.
    Bill Arnold
    Citizen of Texas residing in Georgia.
    NRA Life Member and Member of Mensa
    My Weather Underground station

I put one on my drill press - all vibration eliminated. I've also got one on my table saw - same story, my small band saw as well. And, i just picked one up about a month ago for my small shaper.
    I do like these, but they're not cheap. The one on my table saw is a 3/8" - not available at the woodworking stores, but McMaster Carr has them on line. www.mcmaster.com
    If you do fork over the cash, i think you'll be happy.
    paulh

Lessee... I have them on my jointer, both drill presses, my 14" bandsaw, and two on my 15" planer. Back when I had a contractors saw, I had one on it, too. Yeah, they're a good product!
    Jim D.
    Adapt, Improvise, Overcome!

okay odd duck here..........on machines where you hand feed they`re alright but if one gets to slipping it`ll melt.......i`ve stopped using them altogether. i now run cogged "v" belts on all my equipment except the d/c pump and i`ll keep the 5/8" fenner`s on it `cause i`d have to break down the babbits to put standard belts on it.
    [SIZE="1"] associated with several importers and manufacturers.[/SIZE]

tod, did you take it off your hussey, well your hussey is a little older so it may not have come with one. i would imagine a hussey would be a good place for one to slip. in the limited usage mine has seen it hasn't slipped yet.

that is the only machine i have one on. but i have nothing to compare it to since it came with that. seems to run smooth though.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Mire View Post
    tod, did you take it off your hussey, well your hussey is a little older so it may not have come with one. i would imagine a hussey would be a good place for one to slip. in the limited usage mine has seen it hasn't slipped yet.

that is the only machine i have one on. but i have nothing to compare it to since it came with that. seems to run smooth though.
    yup the hussey was the worst offender, it`d munch a belt in a split second...if folks think regular v belts go thunk-a-thunk they should try running a melted fenner belt
    [SIZE="1"] associated with several importers and manufacturers.[/SIZE]