Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GPS on a ATV????

GPS on a ATV????

i had atv drive a pattern in a hay field picking up sticks with white disk attached to the top???? does any of you farmers have any idea what the heck this guy was doing? the disks had been there for awhile but he had a GPS module attached to his machine in the back.. i dont know what he was upto and am curious...
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

He was laying out a landing site for UFOs.

Maybe he wuz usin some newfangled surveyin methud ta lay out terraces???

shoot first ask questions later
    [SIZE="1"] associated with several importers and manufacturers.[/SIZE]

I think its called "painting"

Sometimes the military uses a laser beam and paints a target for the fighters to launch a laser guided missile.
    But when the explosion is going to be a couple miles wide, like a weapon of mass destruction, they lay down those little radio emitting disks so the bomb can be dropped from 35 thouisand feet and hit a pinhead.
    Its ok if you live 4 or 5 miles away, so dont worry about it.
    Besides, last I heard Michigan was still part of the USA.(did he look russian?)
    Last edited by allen levine; 11-07-2008 at 09:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by allen levine View Post
    I think its called "painting"

Sometimes the military uses a laser beam and paints a target for the fighters to launch a laser guided missile.
    But when the explosion is going to be a couple miles wide, like a weapon of mass destruction, they lay down those little radio emitting disks so the bomb can be dropped from 35 thouisand feet and hit a pinhead.
    Its ok if you live 4 or 5 miles away, so dont worry about it.
    Besides, last I heard Michigan was still part of the USA.(did he look russian?)
    Whatever you did Larry, you got someone's attention!

The good part is, you'll never know what hit you.
    Host of the 2017 Family Woodworking Gathering - Sunken Wood

“We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk
    www.wrworkshop.com

We got them on snowmobiles, and there was a smart woman over on the sheep forum that had problems with her neighbors dog and her livestock guard dog getting into some fights at night. By putting GPS on her dogs she found out that the neighbors dog was going the long way around to bother her sheep. The dog had never ventured far from "his flock", so he was doing his job. Since the neighbor was in the wrong, and a dog bothering sheep can be held liable for losses to the sheep, she kept her dog in at night.

I like technology.
    I have no intention of traveling from birth to the grave in a manicured and well preserved body; but rather I will skid in sideways, totally beat up, completely worn out, utterly exhausted and jump off my tractor and loudly yell, "Wow, this is what it took to feed a nation!"

Did you "pick them up" Larry?

my second guess, is that maybe it was one of those discount airlines, and they sent the guy out to pick up any pieces that might have fallen off the plane when it passed over the field.

Talking shame on yus

boy you guys have let me down,,, i told my nephew that i would have a real answer by the time we got back tonight,,, boy was i wrong,, frank i didnt pick them up i just mailed them to my friends(enimies), it was strang we wer walkin down the lane and this passed us in the feild grabbed thiese things as they come along and left just as quick must of sett them out noonish cuz we left for breakfast and there wa only approx 3 or 4 hours between us being there... do they use gps to mark fields for sprayun now days? they used to use plastic pails or paper bags in the past times..
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!