Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have a New Pt. Job!

Have a New Pt. Job!

Things have been pretty busy with the new baby, so I haven't had a chance to post lately.

A while ago, I posted that there was a Woodcraft store opening about 5 minutes from my house. I threw my resume in, and what do you know, I got a call.....got an interview.....got a part time job!

I'll be working a night or two a week.

This past week and the upcomming week are store set up. Then we open after that.

I'm pretty excited, about the whole thing.

To be compliant with the CoC, I updated my signature to reflect this.
    We create with our hands in wood what our mind sees in thought.
    Disclosure: Formerly was a part-time sales person & instructor at WoodCraft in Buffalo, NY.
    www.tinyurl.com/thewoodshoppe

congrats,

Congats!
    Part-time job at Woodcraft, so close to your house and the employee discount. You should be excited.

If I got a job at Woodcraft, or other like type of store, I'd probably need to just have them put my paychecks in a fund to pay for new toyls as I accumulated enough to get each one.
    Congrats on the PT job. Will they let you tell people about FWW?? If you have business cards, maybe a line at the bottom that says something like: "Come join me at the Family Woodworking Forum at http://familywoodworking.org/forums/index.php" Might get some more members. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...
    Exclusively Irish!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas
    When Irish Eyes are smiling, they're usually up to something!!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...but most likely, I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, season 3

Congrats, should be fun.

Congrats, Sean! A few extra bucks and employee discount make a fun, if dangerous, combination.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim O'Dell View Post
    ...If you have business cards, maybe a line at the bottom that says something like: "Come join me at the Family Woodworking Forum at http://familywoodworking.org/forums/index.php" Might get some more members. Jim.
    It really only needs to say familywoodworking.org. No need for the www or http or the subfolders or the slashies. I think pretty much any browser nowadays will resolve the shortened URL correctly.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Yeah, I was pressed for time and just copied and pasted. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...
    Exclusively Irish!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas
    When Irish Eyes are smiling, they're usually up to something!!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...but most likely, I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, season 3

Should be fun... You will get some lessons from working with the "public".

My Woodcraft in North metro Atlanta, got a new owner about a year ago and this week they moved from 6000 sq ft to 9000 sq ft. ( It's an old Eckard's drug store).

Going to be a very nice store. The owner is a real woodworker. He now has room to really stock things he likes plus the normal woodcraft stuff.

New class room has 8 new very nice benches and plenty of room. Plus has machine room in a seperate room behind the class room...

AND.....................

It is 1/2 mile from my house. I am not sure if that is good or bad. It is real good because they are really working on the stock.

I guess I need to get some pictures.

congrats sean
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

Very cool Sean - though I have to agree with Jim - I'm not sure if my pay check would make it home!

Have fun!

Wes