SketchUp Classes

woohoo! Congrats!

Teaching SketchUp was one of my favorite classes. I'm starting a turning one that will likely keep me busy until spring - the signup list keeps on growing :D

Congratulations Dave. What a lovely part of this world to be going to teach in. Wish I could get there.

Are you doing any other courses in 2009. I think I need to get face to face lessons for this package. I am finding the teach myself bit a little challenging. The good old sponge is a bit soaked up after all the years.

Thank you all.

Rob, I don't know yet about other classes. I'd like to do some others if I could find some venues for them. The one in Port Towsend will be in a computer lab so all of the students will have computers to use. I think I like that idea.

Dave

The one in Port Towsend will be in a computer lab so all of the students will have computers to use. I think I like that idea.

Dave[/quote]

Hey ever thought of doing remote training via a service such as webex webmeeting. With a tool like this you can share your desktop with all the people that you invite (paid students) and they sit at home at their computers and dial into a free conference service. I taught one of my clients to do this for presentations but you can basically do anything that you can do on your computer over a service like this. Its even possible to have a video camera image in the corner of the screen if wanted.

If you are interested and dont know how to go about it I can help you on this one send me a pm.

Hi Dave:wave:,
You should be doing this kind of thing. Your knowledge base and considerate way of sharing lend itself to education in the classroom with those who can devote full time to learning what you offer. :thumb: To your credit :clap:, YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Opps, Sorry Ollie :eek:, YOU GO BOY!!!!!!!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Bigtime congrats, Dave. Nothing wrong with tootin' your own horn if you have a good song to play. You do, indeed. :D

You're in some good company too, from the looks of the instructor list.

Congratulations Dave. I looked at the other courses being offered and you certainly appear to be in good company. Of course, they are also in good company with you.

I lived in Seattle for 6 years and never took advantage of courses such as this. Maybe I can arrange to visit friends in June and take in a course or two over on the Olympic Peninsula. You certainly have me thinking about it.

Well, if I weren't moving to Japan in 2 weeks, I'd sure sign up, Dave. Port Townsend is not that far from Redmond...

Congrats again, and good luck. Your students will learn a lot, for sure! :thumb:

Dave:wave::wave:, congratulations :):thumb:may be in near future you will do more teaching.
This idea with teaching over internet with video conference ability is not a bad one. I did participate in a few anesthesia conferences via Internet. It was an interesting experience.
Ed.

I have had conferences and teachings for the software I use here at work over the internet. They have gone rather well, one allowed you to talk if you had a microphone the other you just typed questions but could hear them. It would be a neat idea.

Some of the support reps I talk to use a thing called gotomeeting.com where you can allow them access to see your computer and they can watch what you are doing and tell you what you are doing wrong.

Thank you Ed.

I'm hoping to arrange something for a video conference sort of training. If you'd like I'll include you in it.

Dave

Dave, I tried to arrange things so that I could attend your course in late June, but nthere is too much else happening right then, so I can't make it.

If you do mange to "arrange something for a video conference sort of training" please let me know about it.

Thank you Ed.

I'm hoping to arrange something for a video conference sort of training. If you'd like I'll include you in it.

Dave

We do WebEx conferences and meeting all the time at work. If all participants have appropriate gear they are very close to the classroom experience. In some ways they are better as folks cannot interrupt current discussion topics or get long-winded on subject matter that is not directly relevant . . . unless they type 100 wpm :thumb:

Frank,

I'm sorry you won't be able to make it but I understand.

Glenn, Rob Keeble and I did a little WebEx thing and I think the free demo thing could work for the SketchUp thing. We used Skype for the voice communication which worked out fine. I need to figure out a time when we can do some of this stuff. Maybe we need to do a registration for this so I know who wants to do it. I don't know how many you can have on at a time.