Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shop got picked up today...

Shop got picked up today...

Only about 6 weeks till we head across the pond...so the movers came today for the 2nd time and picked up more stuff. A big part was taking my shop tools.

Bad pic, but my small shop...

Started tearing down to move

Tools in the truck. You can see my SCT drill press in the very back, my compressor on the left and my miter saw and planer on their Rigid MSUVs on the right side.

Sure is empty.

Well, now I have room for the garage sale items....

I know I'm gonna need a tool real soon, and it's gonna be one that they hauled away today.
    Last edited by Greg Cook; 11-11-2008 at 03:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Cook View Post
    ...I know I'm gonna need a tool real soon, and it's gonna be one that they hauled away today.
    Mr. Murphy pretty much guarantees that will be the case.

Gonna be a busy 6 weeks, huh?
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Yeah, my wife leaves next Sunday...so it will be just me and the 2 "kids" left to pack the rest...sell what I won't be taking...(a lot) and wrapping things up. I leave just before Christmas. We are trying to find a "large" older house to rent for a while once we arrive...and then try to find a place for all the boxes! A shop, more than an MFT and a Festool saw and some sanders, is not in picture for a while.

Woweewoowaa!

Moving across an Ocean? I moved from California to Nevada and it took me several trips with some big ole U-Hauls.

Can't even contemplate a Cross Ocean Move.

Good Luck Greg, and Hope to see you back in the shop shortly!
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

Thanks, Brent...

This will be our 7th move back and forth....and it doesn't get easier, believe me! Hopefully this will be the last... We brought 372 cartons over the last time, and we're up to 166 so far now. Hope to keep it down to 200~225 when the last truck pulls out of the driveway next month.

Will be renting for a year or two, so a real shop won't be possible for a while. We need to get moved into our own place so I can add some double walls/insulation. We're also looking to move to the country side so we have a little more space between us than Stu and his Aparto NN....

Pardon me for being nosy, but are where are your going to and where from? I must have missed it.

7 Times! Pardner, you've got some ambition going there.

Wowsers. I moved around a bit when I was younger, and as a pack rat, it wasn't pretty, but I always managed with one decent sized truck.

My wife and I moved to this place thinking / hoping its our last move... (No, we're not that old, just hermits who belong on a chunk of desert).

I admire the folks that like to move around, but I'm ready to try and grow some roots. I admire my cousins who still live in a 5 mile radius from the house they grew up in. That's a totally foreign lifestyle to me.
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

Brent,

From Seattle, WA area to Osaka Japan.

We've lived in 6 different places in the 32 years of marriage. I was born in central CA...left when I was 18 and have never been back...or wanted to.

We usually can make the move in a 40' container...except for the car and boat I took the last time over...and the car I brought the last time back. We had about 10~15 boxes still unopened in our garage here from our move back in 1990 . We really cleaned house before this move, but could still use a bit more.

WOT.....No BANDSAW?????? (Wood's 'Spensive there ya know)

Good luck with the move Greg.

Norm, thanks... Yeah, I am not looking forwarding to paying the prices I know are going to be there. I do have a good friend that owns a mountain that has been in his family a long time..but it was included in a "national park system" recently. He can, however, cut trees on it for his own use.

Actually I do have a bandsaw...Delta 12"...that I'm selling.

I also have a Delta 14" at my neighbor's (long story) that I will either take with me, or try to sell it too and combine the funds for a Steel City 14" to take. I kept my TS55 plunge saw here to use for any "emergencies".

I wouldn't even want to think about moving again.
    I wish I had a picture of us when we moved home from GA.

when we moved into this place I had to move my shop just 1/2 a mile. That was an all day adventure and packing was easy, everything went into big boxes on pallets and hauled em down here on a hay wagon.

Now if we had to move any distance theres the shop plus all the farm equipment, and Lord only knows what else.

Good luck Greg!