Workshop Tool Cabinet

Ron Fritz

Here's a tool cabinet that I'm in the process of making for my Son's new workshop. The cabinet was an idea that I had which started with a base cabinet of drawers and then slowly evolved into a cabinet on a cabinet. A door and internal drawers were added in the final design phase. The cabinet is now being constructed. All of my construction notes and photos for this cabinet, as well as the Sketchup Drawing, are posted in my website HERE.

The drawing for the cabinet was done in SketchUp then exported and rendered in Kerkythea. Some of the renderings are attached as well as some in process photos. Ron

Attachments

• Stepped Cabinet-6b (Medium).jpg
    Stepped Cabinet-6b (Medium).jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 177
  • Stepped Cabinet-6g (Medium).jpg
    Stepped Cabinet-6g (Medium).jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 105
  • Stepped Cabinet-7d (Medium).jpg
    Stepped Cabinet-7d (Medium).jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_1930 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_1930 (Medium).JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_1989 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_1989 (Medium).JPG
    63.1 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_2044 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_2044 (Medium).JPG
    55 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_2057 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_2057 (Medium).JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 133
That's what I would call a fine workshop cabinet Ron!:thumb: Congratulations! But with this things you are spoiling your son:), I hope that at least he hold the hammer while you where working!:D.

Thanks for the thorough description of its construction.:thumb:

Thanks for your comments everyone. This has been a fun project, one that I designed this summer and finely got around to actually build. I should have the upper cabinet completed in a week and will post final pictures here. My son told me last week that he would apply the finish when it's ready. Great news since I hate finishing. Thanks again. Ron

Here's the latest progress on the cabinet. The work on the upper cabinet went faster than I was predicting. The upper cabinet shell is done and the drawers are made (all 11 of them) and installed with runners and guides. The drawer edges were rounded over with the router table and the drawer pulls have been added. The upper top is all that remains to be done. Ron

Attachments

• IMG_2128 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_2128 (Medium).JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_2116 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_2116 (Medium).JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_2108 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_2108 (Medium).JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_2104 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_2104 (Medium).JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_2085 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_2085 (Medium).JPG
    71.5 KB · Views: 31
It's FINISHED! Well, not exactly 'finished'. The construction is done and the cabinet is ready to be shipped to my son's house were he will take over the finishing steps. Thanks for watching as well as for your kind comments. Ron

Attachments

• IMG_2138 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_2138 (Medium).JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_2141 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_2141 (Medium).JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_2134 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_2134 (Medium).JPG
    61.2 KB · Views: 39
Very nice final product Ron, sure beats my craftmans chest by miles :thumb:
Make sure you post with finish :). Yep, lucky son, he better appreciate it, if not send my way :D

Tom