Dremel Multi Max?

Jeff Bower

Has anyone seen one of these yet? An editor for Woodsmith told me that they had a demo done a few months back and he was excited about it. I think it starts at $99 and he said it works with Fein mulitmaster attachments and the Dremel attachments should work with the Fein as well.

I have some tile that I will be taking up and redoing this winter and the grout saw and sanding attachments would work great to get the floor prepped for new tile. I've used the Fein before and loved it, but the price tag was a little high for me...this might be just what I need. Hoping someone has some insight on it.

Click on the pic to see Dremel's webpage.

I went to woodworking show in Detroit recently and tried the dremel, bosch and rockwell's new model the sonicrafter. Wanted to try the Fein but they didn't have a booth (didn't matter, wasn't gonna spend that kind of money anyway). After the demo I bought the rockwell-felt more solid. Like you, had a grout job to do. Got it home and naturally wanted to try it right away. Right away the start switch acted up, needed to turn off/on a number of times to get it to engage. Once engaged it ran and I started on the grout. The tool delivers, does a nice job. Called rockwell about the switch. Seven days later I received a new kit. Pleased with the tool and service.

Five years ago I would have strongly stated to go with the Craftsman, but since their merger with KMart, it might just be me, but the power tools I have bought from them haven't held up and they just seem cheap. This does include the dishwashers and fridge I have bought in the past ten years from Sears. (I know, they aren't Craftsmen, but I was talking Sears) :thumb:

I was looking ar both the Bosch and Dremel at Hartville Hardware a few days ago, and while both are nice tools, neither seem as sturdily built as my Fein (mine is the older model, which I've had for about ten years). Of course, they only cost somewhere between a third and a half of what the Fein does.

The accessories for the Dremel are clearly marked "Also fits Fein and Bosch." The Bosch aren't marked as such, but will also fit the Fein. In fact, I bought a Bosch sawbladefor $22.00 to use with my Fein. he Fein version of the same blade is something like $54.00.

rockwell ?

Yep, see here.

Probably not your father's Rockwell, however.

Mike

Certainly not my grandfather's Rockwell............

From their site.....

Rockwell power tools are a part of the Positec Group of companies which have been designing, engineering and manufacturing power tools since 1994.

Googled it.........

Owner:pOSITEC GROUP LIMITED Owner Address:505 South Seventh Avenue City of Industry CALIFORNIA 91746 Owner Web Site:http://www.suncappart.com/ Owner Phone:626-336-4999 Fax:626-336-5399 Brands Owned:ASSAULT Category Info
power operated tools,...
BLADERUNNER
BLOCKBUSTER
CONTOUR
ERBAUER
ERGOSUM
EXEED BEYOND EXCELLENCE
INTRUDER
LANDXCAPE
POWER MAX
ROCKWELL
ROL-A-BIT
SHOP SERIES
VIBRAFREE
WESCO
WORKMASTER

Rather interesting no :dunno: :wave:

Mrs. Santa was following me through HD last week and saw I was eyeing the demo with great intent... I believe there is one uunder my tree :thumb:

I will make a full report next week. :type: