Dining Table build-40x60 inch

Nicely done Allen,

The table looks great, your sweetheart should be well pleased, you've learned a lot and you've shared your journey with us here. All in all I'd say this table has been a resounding success. Thank you for sharing!!

cheers

John

sharing or leaning on like a crutch?

I use this board like a library.

Ive picked the brains of many talented people here.

Im very appreciative they took the time to explain things on my level.

one? I gave my wife 2 magazines I want(wood and fine woodworking) and a list of 4 taunton press books to keep me busy.(she will pass it on to the children, cause they dont have a clue every year):D

Heres a shot with the poly finally dried. Just wanted to show I got pretty much the mirror type of finish she was looking for.
The coloring came out fine, I wasnt too sure if I wanted it to darken (amber) so much with the oil based poly.
Like I said, shes thrilled with it, I know I could have done a bit better, but its a build and learn process. The buffet will be better(I hope)

Now I can give the den back to everyone to use.

back in the shop again? with the weather in the 50s, Im gonna start that watch box I think and Id like to knock off a small humidor using either the ash or mahogany as an exterior.(it all depends how busy work gets now)

Attachments

• wood stuff 363 (Medium).jpg
    wood stuff 363 (Medium).jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 24
  • wood stuff 365 (Medium).jpg
    wood stuff 365 (Medium).jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Nice and shiny :D Turned out well Allen, thanks for taking us thru your project. A learning process for me as well, THANKS :thumb:
Now down to the shop for me

Tom

Allen, I've been following this entire build. Great to see the finished product is just what she ordered! Well Done.:thumb:

So after the cabinets are out and you have your jointer, what is the next project we get to follow along with?

I need to build a matching buffet cabinet and take out my 1980s china cabinet(formica look, as outdated as me)
Id rather not start anything till I secure a jointer, so I can give this my best shot.
Shopping season is here, Ill start working many more hours till new years later this week, so I wont devote much time to wood shop.
The winter is too cold, so Im hoping to knock out a couple of small boxes, watch box(I laid out the wood this morning, will start cutting today, very very simple design, nothing but a box with a cover and some velveteen lining)

Hopefully Ill get a few non sub freezing days in the next few months.

I hate not being outside in the garage making noise and sawdust.

Ya Dun Good Allen:thumb: glad it all came together just fine in the end... the wood color looks fine on there the lights and darks went together well!!!!!:thumb: lookun forward to the next one come spring.

IM headed out now in SHORTS, yes, shorts in the garage today, its gonna push 55-60. I love it.

YOu can expect alot of PMs larry when I get that one rolling.
Ill read up on cabinet construction the next couple months, but you know Ill still need input.
thanx again for all the support and guidance.

Want to thank the board moderators and creators

I dont know what kind of work it is, but Im sure it takes time and just wanted to thank all those invovled for giving their time and efforts to run this board.

I joined sometime in the spring I believe, but have been around woodworking forums for over 2 years, just never joined any before this one.

Ive been too intimidated by other places to actually post my amateur work.

I know this board is full of pros that can match the skill of any pro from any place Ive ever visited but never feel discouraged to ask something no matter how stupid it is on these forums.
That says alot for the quality of members of FWW,(not to mention patience)and I believe its a direct reflection on the way things are run here.

Thankyou FWW and staff. Have a happy and healthy Holiday Season.