Hello from Washington state...

Craig Johnson

Hi everyone.
First post here at FW.
My name is Craig and Im new to woodworking.
I biult a chicken coop for my wife since she decided we needed chickens. That was in May.
Since then I have biult a second smaller coop and some miscellaneous items for my garage/shop area.
I have decided that I will be doing woodworking as a hobby for a long time and have begun investing in tools.
I ordered a Steel City cabinet saw that is due to arrive tomorrow or Tuesday. Man am I excited about that!!
Anyway glad to be here and hope to learn a lot from you seasoned veterans.

Welcome Craig, great place to visit here, lots of veterans to help and a few rookies (ME:D) also. Steel City cabinet saw :eek: great saw to break into woodworking :thumb:

Tom

I am very excited.
I see so many things in the woodworking magazines to build and I know I can build those items.
Cant wait to start on something!! Obviously simple stuff at first though...

Welcome Craig from the north end of Washington. So the Couv is what you guys are calling Vancouver now. I thought it was Northern Portland.:D

Sorry, I could not help but pull your leg a little. Again welcome to the forum. If we were not losing Greg Cook (going to Japan), I would be hopeful that we could overtake Michigan in the number of members. I would have to think that California has the most members. It would be interesting to see what states have the largest amount of members. Do the admins have that kind of information? Maybe the top ten states? I am not sure if it would indicate where the greatest concentration of woodworkers are at or just the ones that like to talk about it.:D

Last edited:
Welcome, Craig!

I've been through Vancouver many times...nice place.

As Bill mentioned, I'll be an "ex-Washingtonian" the 23rd of December, but glad to have you here to take up the slack...:rofl: :rofl:

Any pics of your "shop"?

Congrats on the new Steel City saw. You should really enjoy it for a long time. :thumb:

Hi Bill.
Almost visited Bellingham to get a Grizzly table saw. Almost...
I think Washington might have a great concentration of woodworkers due to our rain that we have steadily 8 months out of the year...lol

Hi Greg.
I dont really have a "shop".
At this point just filling up the garage with tools. Trying to squeeze them in amongst our 2 cars...
I am going to try and take pics of the saw along with installation as I go.
Thats always interesting (at least to me).
Sorry to see you go Greg. But Japan sounds kinda cool.
I am hoping and I pretty sure I will have the Steel City saw for a long time.
Pics and install to come...

Hi Bill.
I dont really have a "shop".
At this point just filling up the garage with tools. Trying to squeeze them in amongst our 2 cars...

Craig, I have a two car garage, but it has not seen a car for a good 8 years. Be careful about mixing cars and woodworking equipment especially in our weather. Bringing a wet car into the garage is going to cause some problems with rust. Make sure you treat your table saw top and keep a close watch on it. I hate to think of that nice Steel City table saw rusting away. See if you can convince your wife that cars do not belong in the garage. Of course the price is generally long laundry list of special projects that she wants done. Trust me about that.