SketchUp Version 7 Has Been Released

I downloaded SU7 but my box.rb won't load automatically so I need to load it after SU loads. I also did not get cutlist to run it reports that I am not connected to the internet. Runs ok on ver6.

I'll stick to 6 for while.

Keith

Keith, from what I'm hearing from others, box.rb evidently has some problem. I don't use it so I'm not certain what exactly is happening. As to the CutList plugin, I'm not sure why you're having trouble. It works fine for me. What version of the CutList plugin are you running?

Keith, FWIW, box.rb was included with SU more as an example for those who want to learn how to write scripts. It wasn't really intended as a useful plugin.

Dave I am using CutList 4.0.6 but in ver7 I get a message that it cannot connect to the internet. Did you do anything special to install cutlist with ver 7 or as I did just copy the rb file from ver 6 dir to ver 7 dir?

I can visualize that the smart components would be realy useful but for my own entainment 500 is a little steep. I have been known to spend hrs with programs/scripts when the actual drawing only takes a few min each time (But I might have to do this again!!! so make it easy)

Keith

Keith, I don't know why you're having that trouble but I'll contact my friend Steve and see if he has any suggestions.

Just a thought. What internet browser do you use? The plugin creates HTML files of the cutlist and layout. I'm not sure but I wonder if there is some problem finding the browser so that it can open those files.

I just copied the files from my V6 Plugins directory to the V7 and didn't have any trouble. Perhaps you might try deleting the cutlist files and reinstalling them. Did you copy both the RB file and the related directory when you copied the files?

You can already run it on Linux using Wine, see
http://wiki.winehq.org/GoogleSketchup
for how. If you find any problems, please report them via that
same page. Thanks!

I'm running it using virtual box right now. Prior to the computer upgrade over the weekend loading detailed files really hit me hard on performance.
I jumped from a 1.4 GHz processor to 2.4 Memory is still at 1Gig, video card went from an ATI 64meg to forsa 6600 with 512 meg of memory

I tried running it on wine before and was never satisfied with the results.

With the latest release of wine I may try that again.

But running it natively would be so much better :D