Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sleep Loss

Sleep Loss

This Forum has caused me to lose a lot of sleep since I joined. I just wanted to say, I've been on a lot of Woodworking forums and this one is the friendliest and most helpfull one I've run across. I have spent hours reading and looking at all the old posts and my to do list now is so long I'll never get it done.

It only gets better and your list longer!!! Welcome.
    Jon

God and family, the rest is icing on the cake. I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place!

Host of the 2015 FAMILY WOODWORKING GATHERING

Welcome Larry!

May I assume, from your avatar that you are into caricature woodcarving?.

I've just got a book about it and starting to make my own trials, so please post some pics of your work, we'll be delighted. (Me specially)
    Best regards,
    Toni

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________
    web site:http://www.toniciuraneta.com
    I also dream of a shop with north light where my hands can be busy, my soul rest and my mind wander...

Talking man whats this place comin too???

the larrys are comin outa the wood work,, someone been clone me???/ welcome to teh family and i was gonna introduce you to that spainard but he beat me to it.. he carves as well and you will surley get along fine.. once again welcome and join right in
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Hibbs View Post
    This Forum has caused me to lose a lot of sleep since I joined. I just wanted to say, I've been on a lot of Woodworking forums and this one is the friendliest and most helpfull one I've run across. I have spent hours reading and looking at all the old posts and my to do list now is so long I'll never get it done.
    If I missed you before Larry, Welcome aboard. I have GOOD Memories from a trip to your City, (in 1990 IIRC). I attended the National VICA Convention with my wife when she was on the Advisory Board, and I got a Great Deal from Powermatic after the Contests were over and bought my PM-66 there. I also got HOOKED on "Derby Pie".

Since I'm Diabetic now and can't eat the Sweets anymore, would you do me a Favor, and eat a "BIG" slice of that Derby Pie just for me.

I would Norman If I was'nt Diabetic also and if I thought my wife would'nt catch me.

Hi Toni
    I like all kinds of Carving, I REALLY ENJOY RELIEF, What portion of the forum would you post Woodcarvings in? If you are just getting started in woodcarving, there is a book titled " Carving the Little People" a very good book inexpensive less than $10.00, and you only need a piece of Basswood 3/4"x3/4"x2" for each carving.
    Larry

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Hibbs View Post
    I would Norman If I was'nt Diabetic also and if I thought my wife would'nt catch me.
    Oh Noooooooooo......don't be gettin' in trouble with the LOYL!

Although I'm originally from Tennessee (next door to KY), I've never heard of Derby Pie. Would one of you please give me a virtual sugar rush and post a recipe? I'm also diabetic, so I'm sure I couldn't eat any either, but.....
    Nancy Laird
    dandnspecialties@msn.com
    FWW Registered Voter and Voting Member
    Woodworker, turner, laser engraver; RETIRED!!

A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to his country for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' If you love your country, thank a vet.

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Laird View Post
    Although I'm originally from Tennessee (next door to KY), I've never heard of Derby Pie. Would one of you please give me a virtual sugar rush and post a recipe? I'm also diabetic, so I'm sure I couldn't eat any either, but.....
    Nancy, we "Bought the Recipe" (which took some real haggling and begging) while we were there (along with two Pies to bring home), and somewhere between Louisville,Ky and Odessa, Tx and a weird routing that required two plane changes...............we LOST that Recipe. (So every bite of those two Pies we brought home became a LITTLE 'Spensive)