The top one is lace wood
the bottom one is buckeye burl
these are fun to do and sell pretty good

Attachments

• s6301584b.jpg
    s6301584b.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 89
You just surprised me Dawn!
I've never thought or heard items like those would exist, and I see very clearly their utility and why they sell well.

Moreover when they are as beautiful as those. :thumb:

Good lookin' stuff Dawn...help an old brutha out...LOML does bead work on a level I'm lost at. Are these to help with that as a holder? If that's the case...you made Christmas very merry indeed!! Guidance to an old one is appreciated :eek: :huh: :doh:

Last edited:
Uhhhhhmmmmm, ummmmmm, when I grew up those weren't called "bracelet helpers"!!!!!!!!! :eek::dunno:
When I have a student want to turn one, I actually have a parent know so I haven't contributed to the delinquency of a minor. :(
Oh, those are very nice by the way!!:thumb::thumb:

Good lookin' stuff Dawn...help an old brutha out...LOML does bead work on a level I'm lost at. Are these to help with that as a holder? If that's the case...you made Christmas very merry indeed!! Guidance to an old one is appreciated :eek: :huh: :doh:

hope this gives you better idea of what they are for

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    24.1 KB · Views: 38
Uhhhhhmmmmm, ummmmmm, when I grew up those weren't called "bracelet helpers"!!!!!!!!! :eek::dunno:
When I have a student want to turn one, I actually have a parent know so I haven't contributed to the delinquency of a minor. :(
Oh, those are very nice by the way!!:thumb::thumb:
The ones back in our day had feathers or beads on 'em. And we didn't use them for bracelets, either. ;)

They both look very nice, Dawn. I'd say the lacewood one is my favorite, but they're both well done.

I made a few of those... always got strange looks from people when they picked them up... may have been my clientele??

I always told them "I made them as bracelet helpers, that my story and I'm sticking to it... your usage may vary." :D:D