Thread: New HF

Reno, Nv

New HF

In my effort to keep up with ain't that good. This one is Purpleheart that was hard as a rock...5.5 x 2. I think this one came from Craft Supply. I used the S bar hollow tool, but I think the straight shaft (on order soon) will be a lot more fun. I can see where green wood would be better than dry stock for HF's. Dry has it's place and that comprises the bulk of what I turn...and green goes next!!!.
    Last edited by Jim Burr; 11-18-2008 at 09:38 PM. Reason: stupid spelling and more insite
    Your Respiratory Therapist wears Combat boots

ABQ NM
    That came out looking nice, Jim. Keep 'em coming.

You're wood is a lot easier to hollow out than the dry stuff. I recently turned a big (15" or so diameter) maple hollow form, and it was a real chore.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

North Ogden, Utah
    You've done a nice job, especially considering it's from a piece of purpleheart. I think God created purpleheart and nagging mother-in-laws to make us thankful for the finer things in life. Seriously, if you can sucessfully hollow purpleheart, your next and last challenge will be reinforced concrete.

Goodland, Kansas
    Great job on the HF. Purpleheart can be a bear to turn sometimes.
    Bernie W.

Retirement: Thats when you return from work one day
    and say, Hi, Honey, Im home forever.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

jim Burr
    I think you did a Yeoman's job on that purpleheart Jim. Looks good to me. Mitch