Thread: Either SU can't add, or I can't

Either SU can't add, or I can't

Last time I checked

2 + 2 +11 3/8 = 15 3/8

According to SU

2 + 2 +11 3/8 = 15 23/64

So whats wrong with this picture? Or did I just get stupid,
    Attached Files Attached Files

When you exploded this, did you move the sides out by hand or type in the 2" distance? When i measure using the Tape tool, it says ~2" - which means it's near it, but not quite dead on. I moved the sides back to their finished locations, then moved them away again this time typing in "2" and all the dimension lines add up now. The dimension lines have a resolution, i think, that isn't as fine as the tape tool.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Jason Beam
    Sacramento, CA

Typed in the 2 inch movement Jason, I did something wrong some where, what I don't know.

Ok I looked at the modified one, Why does the perspective look off? It "looks" Like it gets wider the towards the back.

I know it isn't but it just looks that way.

Ahh yes - i changed the "projection" to what i'm used to ... good eye!

Under "Camera" there's a "Parallel projection" option. I use that more than any because I get easily confused with the tapering to a single focal point :P
    Jason Beam
    Sacramento, CA

HAHAHAHA, you've never seen my glasses. Blind man walking without them.

I didn't even know you could change the projection. OF course I never looked Ya had me messed up there for a second

That just happens to be my specialty, sir! I am well versed in the fine art of confounding!
    Jason Beam
    Sacramento, CA

Irony: The opposite of Wrinkly

Robert, I'm trying to figure out how you've drawn the model because the rabbet widths and side thicknesses are off, too.

And may I suggest that instead of rotating the copies of the components for the opposite side, that you Flip them? This will make editing them later much less work. If you want to see what I mean, edit one of the sides (non-rabbetted) with Push/Pull to make the side longer.
    Irony: The opposite of Wrinkly

How did you get it to measure in decimals?

And may I suggest that instead of rotating the copies of the components for the opposite side, that you Flip them? This will make editing them later much less work. If you want to see what I mean, edit one of the sides (non-rabbetted) with Push/Pull to make the side longer.
    So when you rotate it like I did and push pull the end the opposite corner on its mate moves, But if you push pull the top, the top on the opposite end moves, like wise for the bottom

But if you flip it the other side is upside down which puts the rabbit for the drawer bottom at the top, and outside I'm confused, Right?

I drew the end in this procedure
    Rectangle, started it typed in the dimension
    push pull, started it typed in the dimension
    Rectangle, for the rabbits for the sides to fit in, started the rectangle and typed in the dimensions for both ends .

Push/pulled the rabbit in by starting it and typing in the dimensions on the first one. double clicked on the second one so it would follow suit.

Used the ctrl key and the move tool to copy it, moved it to the other end and rotated it

I always type in my dimensions, so how it got off who knows. some guy spent a couple hours on the phone with me last year showing me things like that