Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grizzly Customer Service G0656 Jointer

Grizzly Customer Service G0656 Jointer

Hi All

Its not often I experience a company standing by their customer service marketing but I have to say today I experienced a surprize from Grizzly.
    On a road trip in the summer I purchased and hauled all the way to Canada a G0656 jointer. Well it was sometime before I got to set it up and then became puzzled because I did not see the magnetic switch quoted both in their online info and in the catalog. I had also double checked while in the store (Muncy) with the sales gut that helped me. He unsure had gone to the back to check with the techs. All confirmed their was a magnetic switch. So I tested the concept by starting the machine and pulling out the plug then putting the plug back in while not touching the switch and sure enough the machine started up confirming my thoughts that there was no magnetic switch on this unit.
    This had been a big issue of safety to me and so I promptly contacted Grizzly customer service. I explained my story and they asked me what remedy I wanted. Well I choose to have them send me a switch that I could retrofit.
    Sure enough very promptly they posted me a new Magnetic switch and a piece of cable to be able to connect it up. All free of charge. Except the cash grab by Canadian customs. Total value in excess of 140$ excluding shipping.
    I thought it was worth posting this here for two reasons.

1) To let people know Grizzly have a commitment to their products and services and stand by what they advertise. They will now correct the error in their site and catalog on the G0656.
    2) To let people know who are intent on purchasing the G0656 that it does not have a Magnetic switch with thermal overload. Still a great machine but the switch makes it safer to use. You never know what happens with a brown out in winter.

So KUDUS to Grizzly from this Canuck.
    cheers

Wait for it..................
    Host of the 2017 Family Woodworking Gathering - Sunken Wood

“We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk
    www.wrworkshop.com

That is typical of Grizzly service. They will take care of you. Glad it worked out.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennie Heuer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Fusco View Post
    That is typical of Grizzly service. They will take care of you. Glad it worked out.
    ....... Bingo!

“We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk
    www.wrworkshop.com

....... Bingo!

I'm happy yer happy.

I'm happy yer happy.
    To paraphrase Mr. Spock, "If I were to drop a hammer on a planet with a positive gravity I do not have to watch it to be sure it has dropped to the ground."

Highjack over

Rob - I'm pleased to hear about your experience. Such high levels of customer service are becoming much too rare.

www.wrworkshop.com

....... Bingo!
    I'm happy yer happy.
    To paraphrase Mr. Spock, "If I were to drop a hammer on a planet with a positive gravity I do not have to watch it to be sure it has dropped to the ground."

Highjack over

Rob - I'm pleased to hear about your experience. Such high levels of customer service are becoming much too rare.
    Okay, I get it now, Frank is a strong advocate of Grizzly. I was wondering where you were going with your first reply Rennie.

I bought a 6" Grizzly jointer in about 1987 (about 4 years after they first opened) when I was working on the east coast. It was not a great product then, but served my limited needs and budget. Imagine my surprise when I moved home and ended up in Bellingham where their corporate headquarters are now. I have observed that their product is now very good and their service is great. Although I buy only small stuff from them, if I am unhappy with a product, they cheerfully take it back. The people are great there.

Besides they are not too fussy who they let in their front door.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img148.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	18.6 KB 
ID:	25750
    Last edited by Bill Satko; 11-19-2008 at 04:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Satko View Post
    Besides they are not too fussy who they let in their front doors.

Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Satko View Post
    Okay, I get it now, Frank is a strong advocate of Grizzly. I was wondering where you were going with your first reply Rennie.

Besides they are not too fussy who they let in their front door.

ok Now bill you can be takun off my xmas list as well

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Wright View Post
    and darren your supposed to eb o my side your one of the head cheifs and your suposed to suport your braves
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Keeble View Post
    Well I choose to have them send me a switch that I could retrofit.
    Sure enough very promptly they posted me a new Magnetic switch and a piece of cable to be able to connect it up. All free of charge. Except the cash grab by Canadian customs.
    I'm actually rather surprised by this. Not that they stood behind their product. No, I'm surprised that they were willing to send the part into Canada.
    Grizzly is "famous" in Canada for refusing to deal with Canadians. The only way to get the product is to go over the border and buy it in the States. Given that, I'm shocked that they would send a part into Canada.
    There's usually more than one way to do it...
    www.wordsnwood.com ........ facebook.com/wordsnwood