A Frame and Panel Cabinet

Bill, you're welcome. They do these videos on a regular basis. I think it's interesting to watch different woodworkers work. If you are a subscriber you can download a plan for the project.

Dave, do you know if a portion or all of the plans were done in SU? Just curious. Also how do you draw text and arrows in SU? I was hoping SU had a tool for it like the dimension tool.

Well, as a matter of fact I do know about those plans. ;) Yes, they were drawn entirely in SketchUp.

The text with the arrows is referred to as Leader text. You make it by getting the Text tool (Not 3D Text) and clicking on the point where you want the arrowhead. Then click where you want the text and type what you want.

You can edit the text under Window>Model Info>Text.

Hi Dave, I saw the 1st 2 of the series last night and noticed that the plans had your name on them. The plans were nicely done. I was interested in the series because most of my furniture is frame and panel. Similar to the one I recently posted in the Flatwork Projects Forum HERE. The cabinet drawing was done in Sketchup as well. I'm looking forward to watching the rest of the series over the next few weeks. Ron