Anyone else cold?

It has been absolutely brutal here in SoCal. It is currently a teeth-chattering 66*. A devastatingly sudden drop from yesterday's 82*. I swear it was below 50* this morning . . . I almost didn't make it to my car parked in the driveway.

Hey Glen I could not help but notice you use the * for a degree sign. If you hold down on the alt key while you type in the numbers 167, by doing so you get this...º. As in 66º. Just so you know, do as you wish though :)

Glenn, I feel for ya, man. :p

It's gotten so brutally cold here that I don't think we've had to run the air conditioner for several days. It's 80º here at the house right now. I was out in the back yard in jeans and a t-shirt this morning (checking the lawn sprinklers) at about 2:00. A little chilly, but nothing below "sweater weather".

If you hold down on the alt key while you type in the numbers 167, by doing so you get this...º. As in 66º.

NOTE: You need to use the keys on the "number pad" part of the keyboard, not the ones above the regular alphabet keys. Also, you need to have Num Lock turned on. Otherwise, the last Alt-7 keystroke will act like Alt-Home (see the label on the '7' key) ... and if you're using IE that will send you to your home page!

Don't want to rub it in but,,,

Currently At 11:50AM 80°F
RealFeel®
85°F
Winds: S
at 10mph
Partly Sunny
Humidity: 63%
Dew Point: 67° F Pressure: 30.03 in
Visibility: 10 Miles

Tonight
Low: 73°F
RealFeel®: 74°F
Sunset: 5:49 PM Today
High: 81°F
RealFeel®: 86°F
Sunrise: 6:46 AM

Why do I live here?

Aloha, Tony

Ah, not to rub it in but.....

I think I'll run over to my local lumber supplier and look over the 75 different domestic and imported hardwoods he stocks, most running about $4 a board foot.:eek:

(I know. That was cruel):eek:
That made me laugh out loud. But on the other hand, who needs 75 different hardwoods when you have koa and hula girls? :D

NOTE: You need to use the keys on the "number pad" part of the keyboard, not the ones above the regular alphabet keys. Also, you need to have Num Lock turned on. Otherwise, the last Alt-7 keystroke will act like Alt-Home (see the label on the '7' key) ... and if you're using IE that will send you to your home page!

Doesn't work for me Oh wait, if your weird like me and run Linux, its ctrl+shift u00b0

Back on topic, got about 2 inches today and it's currently 18°

And no it didn't get stiff enough to get to the boiler with the one ton, had to get out the wifes burb and use the 4WD to get close enough

Yeah, But,,,Rennie,

We DO have suppliers that "sometimes" give some good deals, (and believe it or not, there are enough cabinet & furniture shops & woodwork contractors who actually throw away a LOT of lumber, just because of no space for storage. All it takes is getting the right info to find it.

Besides, we have so many native trees that get cut down, providing us with some nice wood, mostly free. Can't beat that.

Confess Rennie, you'ld like to be here too, huh?

I'm perspiring here. Got to turn the AC on again.

Aloha, Tony

And the Hula girls need the heat.

Yeah Vaughn, Koa, and Mango, Eucalyptus, Milo, Monkey Pod, Norfolk Island Pine, (just had 9 12 to 18" by about 30 footers given to our turning club) and Keawe, etc.

But, the one thing I do miss about the mainland is the space. I guess I'm really a country boy out of his element. I grew up with cold winters and plenty snow.

Aloha, Tony

In the Upper Pennisula of Michigan, it is 15 degrees and is suppose to get down to 10 degrees. Our snow machine, Lake Superior and NorthWest winds, has been pounding us with snow. We have about 18" on the ground - the most I have ever seen by this time in November. My dad is 73 and has been in loggin since he was 12. He says he has never seen snow like this - this early in the year. It is deer season and my spot is ruined - both by the weather and wolves.

Looks like it is going to be a long winter.

It's 22 degrees at 7:30 pm on its way to 17. Nice weather for the high school football semi-state games tonight. Five state championship games on the Friday and Saturday after Thanksgiving in Lucas Oil Stadium. Weather won't matter then--about 70 degrees for players and fans.

Yeah, But,,,Rennie,

We DO have suppliers that "sometimes" give some good deals, (and believe it or not, there are enough cabinet & furniture shops & woodwork contractors who actually throw away a LOT of lumber, just because of no space for storage. All it takes is getting the right info to find it.

Besides, we have so many native trees that get cut down, providing us with some nice wood, mostly free. Can't beat that.

Confess Rennie, you'ld like to be here too, huh?

I'm perspiring here. Got to turn the AC on again.

Aloha, Tony
Well, you make some good points. I'm just not a beach person. Sorry. Give me far reaching mountain vistas anytime. Oh, and I'm not much into sweating either. Had enough of that when I lived at the Jersey shore. Now I live in high desert. Less than 10% humidity most of the summer months.:)

Paradise, regardless of geographical location, has its price, I suppose.:D Yours would be a nice place to visit, but I don't know if I could be happy there. And, yes, I know that you have mountains.... kinda.:rofl: 4,200 feet only qualifies as a foot hill here - but we start out at 2,500', not sea level.:D

I got home from work around 7:15, ate dinner, decided to go out to my garage and sand down the mistakes I made in trying to correct the mistakes I made when I tried to correct the mistakes I made on the table top.
Im out there around 30 minutes, in my slippers(with socks on), sweat pants, and 3 shirts, tee, thermal, and heavy hoodie.
The sanding is going ok, when all of the sudden I notice I cant feel my toes.
So I walk around a bit, realize its not numb from standing still, it is frozen.
And I also notice my fingers are absolutely killing me from the cold air.
Maybe only around 30, which isnt cold, but when you stand in one place and dont move, it gets to you.

Being a fat body, I dont enjoy heat and humidity too much, but Id have no problems skipping northeast winters the rest of my life.