4 saved from the woodstove....

A tornado ripped this tree down a couple years ago. I got a piece of the tree while hauling firewood to my house from the farm.

Measaures 9 1/4 x 2 1/4 with a walnut oil finish.

HPIM2825700x617.jpg

I love turning ash!

Rescued from a pile destined for the firepit. Measures 12 1/2 x 4 1/4, finished with veggie oil. This bowl will be gifted to my friends who gave us the wood (along with a couple more cords!)

HPIM2837700x500.jpg

And a WIP................for some reason I don't think I'll be able to vac chuck this one......

HPIM2843700x523.jpg

This one still needs to be buffed but.....I was taking pics of other bowls so........

Measures 10 1/4 x 7 and is slightly more than 4 at the tall tip. Finish is Antique Oil.

HPIM2834700x447.jpg

Thanks for looking...........

Good stuff, Barry. :thumb: That third bowl won't work worth a darn for cereal, though. All the Cocoa Pebbles are gonna get stuck in the holes.

They all look great. :clap:

All three are great!

Did you find any inhabitants on the third one while making it? I'm asking ( and this is no joke) because if they were there,(or some of their eggs) and some of them were alive you can have spreaded them all over you shop so they'll have plenty of food now.:doh:

Thanks guys, appreciate the comments.

Did you find any inhabitants on the third one while making it? I'm asking ( and this is no joke) because if they were there,(or some of their eggs) and some of them were alive you can have spreaded them all over you shop so they'll have plenty of food now.:doh:

Only a few carcasses in that one Tony. It is real "fun" to be spinning away and hit a carpenter ant nest:eek:....done that a time or two. The shop gets a real thorogh (and quick) vacuum when that happens!!!

Keep practicing, Barry. One day you'll get good at this.

:rofl:

Beautiful work, bud! That last one is worthy of The NE Master (Monsieur Cothren) himself.

(BTW, there's a hole in that third one.;) )

Last edited: