New Motor Table saw wiring question

Dan Mosley

looking for some suggestions on a motor i put on my old table saw
I have a 30amp breaker.......220outlet in the garage which my lathe and other tools work fine off of........i put this new motor on it and tried to wire it up 220.....but i think im doing something wrong.......The switch i used was the one on the table saw that a 3 phase motor was hooked up to....in the picture first wiring the table saw will start up and run great for about 30 sec and then trips the breaker.......in the pic labled second it got hot fast and a little smoke.....in the third it just hummmm and tripped the breaker......i used the wiring diagram on the motor to wire it but just cant get it right......any thoughts on how to wire this differently then i did (see pics) or suggestions on what im doing wrong ???? thanks Dan

Attachments

• first wiring (600 x 450).jpg
    first wiring (600 x 450).jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 11
  • plate1 (600 x 450).jpg
    plate1 (600 x 450).jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 13
  • Plate (600 x 450).jpg
    Plate (600 x 450).jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 10
  • second (600 x 450).jpg
    second (600 x 450).jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 9
  • switch (600 x 450).jpg
    switch (600 x 450).jpg
    40 KB · Views: 11
  • third (600 x 450).jpg
    third (600 x 450).jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Dan,

Unfortunately, I can't read the diagram on the motor. Can you retake the picture while zoomed in closer? If you can't get a clear image maybe you can provide the make, model and specs and we can look it up online. Also, what is the HP rating for this motor?

The way I would have done it......take to an expert. Or pick up phone and call an electrician.
You may have already cost yourself more than they would have charged.
Sorry to be blunt. But messing with elektriks without good knowledge of the subject is scary dangerous.