Help me determine value of bandsaw please.

Kevin Mishler

Hey Guys,

I've upgraded bandsaws this year and am finally ready to get rid of my old one. I have no idea what it is worth. I would love some thoughts on what you guys think it is worth. I don't want to find out what it is worth AFTER I sell it too cheap.

It is an older model JET bandsaw, Wood & Metal cutting, model JBS-14MW, enclosed base unit, great condition. The motor is 1 h.p. single phase, 115/230 VAC. The tires are farely new. I will be including 6 blades, most of which are Timberwolf brand; they range is size from 1/8" - 5/8".

I was going to post it on my local Craigslist.

Thanks

Attachments

• DSC03107.JPG
    DSC03107.JPG
    139.9 KB · Views: 70
  • DSC03109.JPG
    DSC03109.JPG
    99.6 KB · Views: 56
another questin that you shouldask yourself is you mentioned you upgraded to another if you got big one for resawing and your thinking that you could do the small work on it too then you should look at your small one seriously.. aolt folks have sold there little saw got the big saw and then wished they had there old little saw back for the little stuff:thumb:

another questin that you shouldask yourself is you mentioned you upgraded to another if you got big one for resawing and your thinking that you could do the small work on it too then you should look at your small one seriously.. aolt folks have sold there little saw got the big saw and then wished they had there old little saw back for the little stuff:thumb:

Good point! I've never regretted holding onto the old TaiChi 14" after I got the Laguna 16. I keep a 3/16" or 1/4" blade on it for small stuff, and use the 16" for resawing, and larger jobs. Both have their rightful place in my shop.

Yep...
Got 3 now, a guy can never have too many BS! The big one for resaw, the middle one for regular stuff and the little 10" one for small scroll work :D It sure is nice not having to swap blades and take the time to set up for each blade change.

Mike

Yep...
Got 3 now, a guy can never have too many BS! The big one for resaw, the middle one for regular stuff and the little 10" one for small scroll work :D It sure is nice not having to swap blades and take the time to set up for each blade change.

Mike

Well then I guess I need another bandsaw, I have Big Blue for resaw and the Phoenix for everything else :D :rofl:

I too would vote for you keeping this saw and leaving a scrolling blade on it, I VERY much doubt you will ever replace it for the $350 to $450 you would get for it.

What did you upgrade to? :D

Good point! I've never regretted holding onto the old TaiChi 14" after I got the Laguna 16. I keep a 3/16" or 1/4" blade on it for small stuff, and use the 16" for resawing, and larger jobs. Both have their rightful place in my shop.

I'll double ditto the good tip. Changing blades can be a hassle. If you have the room and don't really need the money, keep it.

Thanks all for the input

Well then I guess I need another bandsaw, I have Big Blue for resaw and the Phoenix for everything else :D :rofl:

I too would vote for you keeping this saw and leaving a scrolling blade on it, I VERY much doubt you will ever replace it for the $350 to $450 you would get for it.

What did you upgrade to? :D

Good points from all. I've upgraded to a MiniMax 16. I like it so much I can't see going back to the small one. I will not be able to do tight scroll work on the big one, I don't know if I'll miss that or night.

kevin before you get rid of the smal one look back at what you have done in the last five years and then look ahead at where you think you want to be in the next five and then decide,, i have used the mm 16 and they are nice saws but the need for a small saw saw still stands out in my work style.. but yours may be differnt..

yeah but your small saw is most people's big saw..:D

also think about if you have room for 2 saws. alot of people on here don't have the precious floor space to give up.

sorry not enough knowledge on the pricing of used tools to help with that question.

mm-16 is small:eek: