Thread: A dubious award (reward??)

Between Aledo and Fort Worth, TX

A dubious award (reward??)

LOML told me this morning that when she had our almost 8 year old Irish Setter at the Vet's office on Thursday, when finished, she was asked to run next door, that they had something for her. Now, next door is their grooming area and boarding kennel. Glenna's first reaction was, "Someone didn't leave an Irish Setter here did they?" That was said with some panic in her voice, as we will be traveling with either 5 or 6 to OK for Thanksgiving Thursday. (Thus the reason I drive a 3/4 ton extended cargo van with windows. )
    No nothing like that. We are in the 'Top 50' clients at their clinic this year. I somehow felt my wallet get lighter just hearing those words. And our award/reward? A 2009 pocket calendar/minder!!!
    My acceptance speech is as follows: "On behalf of our dogs, I will accept this award, and put it to good use this next year tracking all the vet appointments and surgeries ......" Actually, I think I'm going to use it to track when I do oil changes in each vehicle. At least that is a little cheaper than the Vet visits. Jim.

Now please know that this is said in jest, and we really do appreciate our Vets there, and their entire staff of caring helpers. They helped us through some tough times this year, and they do it with compassion and grace.
    Coolmeadow Setters...
    Exclusively Irish!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas
    When Irish Eyes are smiling, they're usually up to something!!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...but most likely, I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, season 3

Alexandria, Virginia
    Sure sounds like a major gloat there Jim, almost as good as Stuart's!
    My cats get the very best care as I am sure your Irish Setter does; can't love them too much.
    Last edited by Frank Townend; 11-23-2008 at 10:35 PM.

Tokyo Japan
    I've always heard that redheads were high maintenance
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

As I get older Stu I appreciate quips that are short and funny but not vulgar, and that one my friend made me laugh. Thanks.

As for the Vet prices, I can see why you got a calendar. When I take ONE of my dogs to the Vets its costs me 60-75 bucks no matter what its for. But for the same money the vets come OUT to the farm and administers shots from 4-40 sheep, cows, etc.
    I have no intention of traveling from birth to the grave in a manicured and well preserved body; but rather I will skid in sideways, totally beat up, completely worn out, utterly exhausted and jump off my tractor and loudly yell, "Wow, this is what it took to feed a nation!"

New Springfield OH
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Ablett View Post

No comment!!

Jim, if you really want a dubious award, have your tool man hand you plaque for being the best customer for the year.
    And DO NOT let your wife see it

Schenectady, NY
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Ablett View Post

Hey, I resemble that remark.

And Jim, they sure know how to butter you up.
    Don Orr

Woodturners make the World go ROUND