Well, I had a little time this week to get some work done on my lathe stand for the new DVR. I was able to make and mount the brackets for the casters, put a cross bar in so there will be a little more support for the ballast box and built a bracket that will serve several purposes. One it will hold tooling such as wrenches, knockout bar, live centers, drive centers etc. Also it will be part of my lamp/light mount and will hold some portion of the components for vacuum chuck setup.
I also was able to rewire the lathe for 240V. I put in the DP/ST switch and put on a locking plug. It plugs into a small load center that I installed the outlet in. It will also wire the surge suppressor in and a 110v strip outlet as well as a vacuum pump. This way one extension cord will power the whole rig.
I am going to order the Foot Master Casters for it tomorrow. The weight as it sits right now with the lathe on it, and without the bed extension or the extension hinge is right at 450lbs. I figure final weight to be close to 800lbs. with all the ballast, bed extension and swing away hinge.
Now the bad part is I am going to be gone for a good portion of the next week because of the holiday so it will be almost another week + before I get more work done.
I am very close to finishing it up. Paint will be on shortly I hope. I figure I better get it the way I want it now or it wont ever happen.