Dang That Skew Is Sharp.......

Stuart Ablett

OUCH, well, actually, some worse words than that were said.... :eek:

I was moving blanks from the Dungeon to the Annex, I reached down to pick up a blank, and as I lifted it, I caught my knuckle on my SHARP skew :eek: :doh:

finger_carvers.jpg
If you want to look closely, you can see some of me dripped on the floor mats :eek:

I VERY QUICKLY banged out this cover......

finger_carvers_safety_cover.jpg

Such a simple thing, I honestly do not know why I did not put one on there to start with.

I quickly cleaned it and then dabbed on some CA glue to close it up, held it closed until the glue set. Then I covered it up with a bandage, and put a splint on it, and taped it up. I went to the doctor, he looked at it and said I did a good job, it would have needed stitches, but he felt that the CA glue was doing a good job. He liked my Popsicle stick splint and just taped it up.

He did tell me that I should not use regular CA glue, they have a medical one, but it is expensive, I'm going to try to find some just the same.

Be careful out there people, it can be the simple things that get you :eek:

Cheers!

PS, it is a pain to type with your index finger on your right hand in a splint :rolleyes:

That, ladies and gentlemen, is why I don't believe in sharpening my skew. Dang evil things can hurt you. :rofl:

I think the most bloodied I've gotten from a turning tool was hitting my forehead on a scraper bit on my hollowing rig. (I was on my hands and knees looking for something, and rose up into the bit.) Didn't really bleed too much, but the bit took a little chunk of skin with it.

Skinned Scraper 600.jpg

Vaughn, if you had read the directions, it is a hollowing tool for wood only!!!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Not knowing you personally, I cannot attest to the fact of your head being hollow, but the skin is personal proof you are trying to hollow it out!!!!!!! ;):rolleyes::D:p:eek::eek::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Okay, now back to the original program, Stu's Skew!!!!:type::type: