nail in the coffin

Paul Hubbman

Well, everyone is a critic, or so it turns out. The botched stain attempt on my built in cabinetry tops - i went a little dark to mask some blotchy stain to get me through the holiday. I set the tops for the stain to dry yesterday and planned on applying a couple of coats of shellac before installing them last night. After the holiday i was going to pull them back off and into the shop for stripping/restaining & refinishing.
So, after i walked in the door from work last night, my wife mentions "oh, and there's a chance that the cat walked across the cabinetry tops". Bare tacky stain with no finish coat whatsoever to protect it. OK . . . pause . . . count to ten . . . then go have a look.
Footprints and cat hair all over. I spent a few minutes trying to spot fix one area - enough to realize that there is no way to make this look passable unless you're into the fuzzy, splotchy, mottled look. What did i ever do to the cat? I suppose i need to negotiate with him about "do's and don'ts" next time.
Paul Hubbman - builder of the "Pluto (cat's name) memorial" dining room built-in cabinetry.

You certainly have something to talk about over turkey now! :p

Hope you can get it fixed without to much trouble...Have you and Pluto crossed paths since this happened? How'd that go?

That's FUNNY!

But maybe only a car lover can appreciate it.

I lost mine last June and I still miss the guy terribly. Next year when I get settled down someplace, a trip to the human society will be order.

BTW, as you know, you didn't have to DO anything to the cat. Pluto was just re-staking his domain. Anything new has to tagged and inventoried. :rofl: :rofl:

You certainly have something to talk about over turkey now! :p

Hope you can get it fixed without to much trouble...Have you and Pluto crossed paths since this happened? How'd that go?

jeff now thats the train of thought i had,, i think that "vinatarie" would be in second place after i met plutio again:)

The new Thanksgiving tradition in the Hubbman household:

Roast Cat

The new white meat.

Just kidding, of course. Carol's right, Pluto was just staking his claim. How dare you leave a nice new flat surface in his universe? :p

That is funny - wait until the cat gets on the counter and eats your dinner!!

or wait till the cat steals the ham right out of your sandwich while the sandwich is in your hands. I'm not much of a cat person, but i love the two we have.

Paul
Table clothes are very nice. HEHE! HAHA!
Dawn

Been there, done that.

Put the FINAL coat on a coffee table in the garage. Left the door open for ventilation. Came back a couple of hours later and...

what the... CAT PRINTS ACROSS THE TOP!!!

The dang nab neighbors cat got into the garage and walked across the wet top!:eek:

Little sucker was hard on my truck too...

When I chased him over the CURB!:rofl:

Mike

I feel for you, but it souds strange to me. Cats, as far I know do not like to step on sticky surfaces and even less lay on them. If he jumped on it he would jumped out as quickly or I believe.

Many years ago we had cats, and one thing is for sure, they love clean places to stay on. The ones we had, loved to lay on the fresh ironed laundry...

Well Paul if you needed an excuse to move to Maine you got it...very few cats here, or at least on the farms. Rabies has been going around here and after passing from skunk to cat and then cat to farmers...well the cat population is pretty thin.

That's a pretty funny story though. Sounds to me like Pluto is in cahoots withe the Minwax to sell a little more product.:D