outdoorsy question???

Inventory????

if yall ned an inventroy i could do that i suppose but that would take me away from the forum job for bit.. as for the squirrle nope but do have a white weasel and oneof the big hannded moles.. and if your lookin for bigger stuff how about a nice sized black bear waving at you as you walk by? or for those fish lovers we got a 14" and 16" gold fish for you and they dont require water or food.. thats just the tip of the ice berg.. as the ashman can attest to.. Steve A the nephew is definatly on top of thelist but his wife doesnt let him have his stuff he has now in the house:( and so i can see the longivity of it not being very long there. but he is as close to a son as i wil ever have..:):)

Larry do you have any hunt'n buddies that would take your mounts. One of my buddies killed a nice 10 on one trip that I was with him. I'd gladly take it, because every time I see it I get to relive the memory of that day.

i dont think so they have ther own! but its still an idea see they are in the same age bracket as me and so they probally dont ned more to distrubute:) i wil talk with my nephew today and see what he has to say..

You might check with any local natural history museums if you've got one anywhere close by. My sister in law is a naturalist - she's worked at a few places, and they're always happy to get good mounts for display. If that's not an option - maybe a school, library, or VFW post.
Just a few options off the top of my head.
I'm pretty young yet, but i look at my shop and know full well that it could be a huge cumbersome thing for someone else to deal with if they didn't have the interest. I think it would be neet if my kids were interested and able to use the stuff when i'm pushing daisies, but that just might not be the case. I also see it a bit in my Dad, who's still very active and creative into his middle 70's, but sees his shop with a bit of the same sentiment. I know of the 5 of his kids, 3 of us would be thrilled to take in some tools when the time comes. I'd gladly get rid of some of my current stuff to make room for his - especially the things he's made or inherited from his Dad. For the other 2 kids, though, the best they could do would be to mothball things and shift them around as they moved or needed the space for something else.
It's a bit sad, of course, but the practicality of dealing with large or heavy things (i've literally got tons of cast iron in my shop) can be a lot to ask if someone doesn't have the interest, space, or ability to deal with things.
I'm a sentimentalist and value history, but am also a bit of a minimalist (believe it or not) trying to keep the pile of posessions down to what i need or enjoy using. I think long and hard before keeping something just for the sake of having it. I can generally find appropriate homes for things that might fall into that category. There's always someone out there who needs or could use something i might have that's extra. It's been my experience that folks are genuinely appreciative.
paulh

thanks paul,, asked the one daughter about her 30" walleye and she said an enfactic NO!! so took it that she has no interst.. then later i asked her what her veiws of people who hunt and fish she said that she had no opinion or differnt veiws???? so i know where she is at,, wont ask again it will just be gone one day somewhere..that i see fit it goes! still remeber the day we got it and thought that it would mean something to her but i was snowed by her again...good thing i got winter coats...:rolleyes:

willcheck out the nature places and schools or such..dont want this stuff i some bar gettin pitched when it changes hands..

You know Larry, we raise them to be strong independent people so they don't follow any and all prophets around to be slaughtered. That involves the risk of them finding their own things of pleasure opposite or not in line with our thoughts. Who knows what the future may hold. PM sent.