Well folks, the work finally ended on "IT". In fact, I delivered and got paid for it a few weeks ago.
Time for the real thread title:
Birth of a Jewelry and Lingerie Armoire
Yup, that's what "IT" is...a Jewelry and Lingerie Armoire.
I'm only going to post a few pictures here...
Attachment 25990.....Attachment 25991.....Attachment 25992.....Attachment 25993.....Attachment 25994
It took me a few weeks after the delivery to get to posting here because I wanted to completely re-do my web site and use that to host most of the information about the piece. As is my way, I took 3,222 pictures during the construction, and have text that accompanies each. There's no way I was going to sit and create page after page of a thread here, especially since I can only post 10 pics per post.
It worked out though since I created a presentation for the client and have that presentation on my new web site for anyone here that's interested enough to sit through it.
Here's a little detail...for those that don't care to sit through the presentation:
- The piece is 5' tall by 2' by 2'
- Rough estimate of weight is somewhere over 300 pounds
- It's built from solid Mahogany - no secondary woods
- The case sides are veneered in grain matched quarter sawn Sapelle
- The front is grain match Mottled Makore - one 5' long piece of veneer covered all drawers
- The doors and lid are Mahogany Crotch Veneer
- All drawers are dovetailed - A combination of Rabetted Half Blind, Through, and Half Blind
- The doors are lockable without a center post via library catches top and bottom
- ...thousand of other details...all covered in the presentation on my web site
With all the detail that went into making this piece, I can't decide what to mention and what to leave to the presentation. I'll be more than happy to answer questions from anyone that might have them. But if anyone's really interested enough, go through the presentation. It covers A LOT!
Oh yeah, it would help if I provided the link to the presentation, huh?
Here ya go SLIDESHOW LINK
I have a few more projects in the shop that are keeping me busy. But now that I've posted here, I'll make an effort to stop by more often...in case there are questions...oh, and to try to catch up a bit.
Thanks for looking/waiting...
- Marty -
P.S. I'm still working on my new web site. There ARE typos, link problems, etc. But I wanted to get this posted here so I rushed things. If anyone finds problems on my new site, I'd appreciate a PM with the details.