Hunting stupid.

It's not my first time getting "lost". I have never really been lost, I know that lake Huron is to the East, lake Michigan to the West, da bridge to da nort, an farm land to da South. :D

I have spent 3 days in the woods with just the minimum of survival equipment. Basically a flint and steel and a space blanket, knife and some fishing line and wire for snares. It's amazing what you will eat after the first day with no food. I ate a lot of frog legs and berries.

I got caught in a snowstorm up in the Colorado Rockies once when mule deer hunting. You couldn't see much more than 40 ft. The only thing I could tell was up and down slope. I finally hiked down below the snow storm to lower elevations and didn't recognize anything. I knew where I had to be so I went back up and crossed over 2 ridges and back down. I then knew I was still a couple of ridges over from camp. My 2 buddies panicked and went straight down off the mountain and had a miserable hike back to camp crawling through many washes and got back just after dark.

Another time I was packing out a spike camp in the rockies and took a "short cut". I climbed up a couple thousand ft. through a rock slide area. This was a lesson on trusting the GPS. when I hit the blow down area on top @ 10,300 ft. elevation the GPS told me to go one way and I decided it was lying, but I kept checking it and it seemed to be consistant so I eventually went were it said camp was. It was right.

I have come to like those little devices. I like to trout fish in remote areas so I just mark the truck, shut it off and go fishing. I tend to get so absorbed in the pursuit that I don't get back to the truck 'til long after dark.