Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Large PDF file

Large PDF file

Is there a way to make a large PDF file, about 13.1 mb, smaller so that it can be emailed. I tried compressing it but that only got it to 12.4 mb or something.

I don't want to break it out in sections if I can get away with it, not sure you can do that with just Adobe Reader anyway. Didn't know if there was an easy way.
    Rise above the rest

Not without Adobe Acrobat itself (not just Reader). And also, not without some compromises in image quality if it applies. Basically you have to save it to a lower resolution.
    Jason Beam
    Sacramento, CA

in acrobat you have the option to save as reduced file size. another option is to zip it and send it off threw email.
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by larry merlau View Post
    ...another option is to zip it and send it off threw email.
    He tried that, and it only reduced it to 12.4 MB. That's still big enough to be hard to e-mail.

As far as I know, Jason's suggestion is the only solution I can think of. And you have my sympathy if you do end up using the full Acrobat product. I've had a love/hate relationship with it for many years...mostly hate.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

An easy way would be to print it to two pdf files again by printing half the pages to one file and the other half to another. If you don't have the ability to print to pdf, there is a free one at the link below to install. BTW, there is a toolbar option on the install that can be unchecked if you don't want the tool bar added to your web browser.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

How many pages would that be?
    Could you just copy and paste then send in the body of the e-mail?

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn McMillan View Post
    He tried that, and it only reduced it to 12.4 MB. That's still big enough to be hard to e-mail.

As far as I know, Jason's suggestion is the only solution I can think of. And you have my sympathy if you do end up using the full Acrobat product. I've had a love/hate relationship with it for many years...mostly hate.
    well mr. Vaughn without having it in frt of me i cant say that it wont get any smaller i was refering to acrobat 9 that has the option of saving as a reduced file size and in my work it has condensed a pdf much more than 1 mg.. but you are more in tune with the pc world and as for condesing it another way stuffit might be better than some others and there again without having it in frt of me i cant say for sure.. i had a ftp site that he drop it on and i couldattempt to make smaller at work if he doesnt get what he is after elsewhere as for the acrobat program it has definatly hindered itself some but if you add pitstop to it then its much more freindly.
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

Any chance you have a number of LARGE photo files in the pdf ? If so you can reduce the photo files size. Just a thought.

Aaron,

If you send it to my gmail address, I can try to fix it...

Thanks,

Bill

that's wlantry
    at
    gmail
    .com

I read about an interesting site in a computer magazine in the grocery store the other day. I wasn't sure I would ever have a use for it, but I think it might apply here.

Check out http://drop.io/. From what I understand, you upload your file(s) and you're given a URL and a password that you can share with whomever you like. It looks like you start out with 100MB of space.