A Family owned "salvaged" lumber yard in Portland Oregon

Hello everyone. My name is Anthony. I live in Beaverton Oregon. I started to salvage blow over trees a few years back and now i run one of Portlands only Urban Hardwood Salvage opperations that has a retail store where we sell the local woods as turning stock & lumber. We opened the store in May 2008.

We cary a beautiful selection of figured hardwoods all salvaged from urban areas.

Oregon Black Walnut, Quilted & Fiddle back maple, Oregon White Oak, Myrtle, Madrone & lots of cedars.

Here are a few pics of the shop. Its small but it works out for what were doing.

Thanks for looking.

Anthony

Welcome to the shop.
IMG_6703.JPG

A wall of wood. All local salvaged maple, oak, cherry, walnut & madrone!
IMG_6704.JPG

One of the racks of bowl blanks
IMG_5684.JPG

9 trees cut into bowl blanks
IMG_6184.JPG

A few logs & the shop front.
IMG_7000.JPG

Some logs on deck to be milled.
IMG_6996.JPG

5/4 Cedar Lumber
IMG_7001.JPG

Douglas Fir Lumber
IMG_7481.JPG

HUGE Hawaiian Monkey Pod Slabs salvaged from the Hawaiian Islands
IMG_6814.JPG

Large western red cedar log salvaged from a 100 year old dairy farm
IMG_6845.JPG

The front of the shop & our new / used forklift!
IMG_6450.JPG

Mom with a massive Cedar Of Lebanon log. This was headed to the landfill?
IMG_6458.JPG

Mom with another Cedar Of Lebanon log. Pretty good size. 16 ft long! Also headed to the landfill.
IMG_6455.JPG

Welcome aboard, Anthony. Good thing your shop's not closer to me, or my shop fund would take a beating. Looks like lots of nice "saves".

Welcome to the Family Anthony, and your Mom too :) :wave:

Wow is certainly right, what a great selection of wood and what a great resource:D

While some talk about "Recycling", you and your family are really doing it, in a meaningful way :thumb:

Amazing to think of the amount of perfectly good wood, even spectacular wood that just goes to waste, I'm glad to see some of it saved :clap:

Best of luck with the business.

Hello everyone. My name is Anthony. I live in Beaverton Oregon. I started to salvage blow over trees a few years back and now i run one of Portlands only Urban Hardwood Salvage opperations that has a retail store where we sell the local woods as turning stock & lumber.
Anthony

Welcome Anthony. Looks like you have found a really nice business "Niche" that saves a lot of Really prime wood that can be turned into useful and beautiful items and is a Real Conservation Measure in my opinion.:thumb:

Welcome to the Family Anthony, and your Mom too :) :wave:

Wow is certainly right, what a great selection of wood and what a great resource:D

Sheesh, when I first saw all those pictures Stu, I thought YOU were posting another Stealth Gloat about how YOU had expanded YOUR STASH of Wood Again.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I've purchased several turning stock pieces from Rose City Lumber and have been very pleased with their service and quality of pieces.

If you remember my ring bowl, the Oregon Big Leaf Maple blank came from them.

Last edited:
Hi Anthony! Welcome!

My employer has an office in Beaverton and I get up there once in a while. I'm going to try and stop in next time!

I visited their shop just today based on a Craigslist ad for a sale on maple.
I talked wood extensively with the gal in the photo with the giant tree trunk (I did not get her name though).
Bought some maple for a workbench and got a great deal. Very nice people and they have lots of GREAT wood.
If you get a chance stop by. I plan on doing business with them again.

Hello from a fellow Oregonian (originally)
what a great business to start puts a new meaning to going green
maybe I should start one here with the hurricanes i bet i could get a lot of good stock that is if everyone wants oak, pine or palm :rofl: :rofl: