SketchUp Scene Question

Keith Krueger

I find that if I add new layers to an existing drawing:

1. They are always visible
2. They show up in all the scenes I have created.

Is there some setting I am missing that would allow me to add layers and not affect scenes already setup?

My solution has been to make a drawing template with enough layers to start so I won't have to add layers during the drawing process. This seems like a sledge hammer solution since I had to draw on each layer to make it work.

Keith

I think all you should need to do is unclick the visible for the layer(s) in question in the "Layers" window, then right click the scene tab in question and click "Update".

if memory serves, layers and scenes are independent of one another. I think Jerry's advice is the only way to go if you're adding layers after you've made your scenes.

Jason that is how I fix it but with several scenes it becomes quite tedious. I am just asking if there is an faster way.

Keith

There is a plugin that will add invisible layers. You would then make them visible for the Scenes for which you want them to appear. I'll get and post a link to it shortly.

Thanks Dave that Ruby script did what I needed. I thought I had just missed something in the use of layers. Seems others wanted hidden layers created.

Keith