Got my Christmas bonus

Dale Johnson

52 extra days of vacation!!!!!:thumb: In the real world what actually happened is starting the first week in January we go to a 32 hour week and collect unemployment for Fridays. Just think, 52 - 3 day weekends.:rofl:

52 extra days of vacation!!!!!:thumb: In the real world what actually happened is starting the first week in January we go to a 32 hour week and collect unemployment for Fridays. Just think, 52 - 3 day weekends.:rofl:
Some of the people I work with have been given the option of working 4 - 10 hour days. That was to help them reduce commuting costs when gas was $4. I envy them. I get so much done in the shop on 3-day weekends! I'm happy for you. (for your extra time - not for haveing only 32 hours of employment each week)

Saw yer post on this at another forum. Unfortunate, especially just before Christmas. But, now you will be able to practice being retired one day a week. Yer a clever guy, I'm sure your extra personal time will be used profitably, whether for money or other rewards.

I'm sure you can handle it Dale, but when I was about 20, I had a job were we worked Monday to Thrusday, 10 hours a day, to get our 40 a week, we had Friday, Saturday and Sunday off, sounds great............ right:dunno:

Well, for the older married guys it was, more time for the family, more time to have a second job etc, but for us young and stupid guys (me) it was one more night a week to spend in a club :doh:

I eventually did get my head straight, and got a job for Sears as a contractor installing stuff, like Chain link fencing, garage door openers, and Bathtub surrounds, that lasted until ski season opened then I spent 3 days a week skiing :D :wave:

I'm pulling for 10 hr days right now due to the 'commute' distance to the area I'm working. I go 'on the clock' half an hour after I leave the house, and off half an hour before I get home, so 4 'ten' hour days is really 11, but my boss lets me pick the day I take off, (usually Fridays), but I can also flip flop it so that occasionally I take off Monday, and have a 4 day weekend.

We have flex time at our office. Was can work any 18 hours of the day we want, and the rest of the day is ours to do with whatever we wish. :rolleyes:

well dale if things are so that this doesnt hinder you enjoy every minute of it becasue there are gonna be times when you cant,, every chance i get to have time off without gettin into my vacation time i do it.. becasue the time will come to soon when i cant take vacations anymore.

We have flex time at our office. Was can work any 18 hours of the day we want, and the rest of the day is ours to do with whatever we wish. :rolleyes:

I work from home, so the commute is pretty short.

Like Vaughn says, We get to work what ever 7 out of 7 days we want and as many hours as we want :eek:

Actually, it's not that bad, but it is hard to make a distinction between work time and free time. With the project I've got now, work is going to win out probably for the rest of the year....