Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: missing posts?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    3,383

    missing posts?

    Hey folks, has there been a clean up or something of old posts?

    Just the other day I found an old thread in the off topic area where we were trading silly youtube video links. I think I may have even started the thread.
    Today I can't find it. I search for "Lego" and get nothing (there was a lego star wars video) I search for "evil" (which Stu accused me of being) and I find nothing. I search for "rush drummer" (another video) and nothing again.

    There's usually more than one way to do it...
    www.wordsnwood.com ........ facebook.com/wordsnwood

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Constantine, MI
    Posts
    7,892
    Quote Originally Posted by Art Mulder View Post
    Hey folks, has there been a clean up or something of old posts?

    Just the other day I found an old thread in the off topic area where we were trading silly youtube video links. I think I may have even started the thread.
    Today I can't find it. I search for "Lego" and get nothing (there was a lego star wars video) I search for "evil" (which Stu accused me of being) and I find nothing. I search for "rush drummer" (another video) and nothing again.

    Twilight Zone theme playing in background

    "Hello Mr Mulder. Please step through this door and have a seat. The doctor will be with you in a few minutes"

    Fade to black......
    Host of the 2017 Family Woodworking Gathering - Sunken Wood

    “We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk
    www.wrworkshop.com

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    RETIRED(!) in Austintown, Ohio
    Posts
    5,323
    There's been no clean-up.

    We DO NOT delete posts here!

    However, the search function only seems to go back one year.

    Any chance the old thread you're searching for is older than that?
    Jim D.
    Adapt, Improvise, Overcome!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Tokiwadai, Japan
    Posts
    2,882
    The advanced search function goes back to the beginning... Check out the Find Post From in the Search Options.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    3,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Cook View Post
    The advanced search function goes back to the beginning... Check out the Find Post From in the Search Options.
    BTDT - been there, done that. Used the Google search also.

    I know we don't delete posts here, hence my confusion. I thought I was mixing up forums, but I clearly remember both Tod and Stu commenting in the forum - Stu called me "evil" for wasting his time, which is why I also tried "evil" as a search term.
    There's usually more than one way to do it...
    www.wordsnwood.com ........ facebook.com/wordsnwood

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Elgin, IL
    Posts
    442

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    3,383
    Quote Originally Posted by randy street View Post
    Yes! Darn it. Why couldn't I find it?

    Thanks, Randy.
    There's usually more than one way to do it...
    www.wordsnwood.com ........ facebook.com/wordsnwood

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Tokyo Japan
    Posts
    15,808
    Quote Originally Posted by Art Mulder View Post
    Yes! Darn it. Why couldn't I find it?

    Thanks, Randy.
    Because I was right all along, you ARE "Evil" (even though only said you were "a very bad man")

    I know I've had the same problem, looking for a post, I know I made, even had a couple of key words, but it did not come up

    I'm blaming Vaughn, must be his fault
    Last edited by Stuart Ablett; 12-04-2008 at 10:13 PM.
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    3,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Ablett View Post
    I know I've had the same problem, looking for a post, I know I made, even had a couple of key words, but it did not come up

    I'm blaming Vaughn, must be his fault
    Good, a patsy. Those can be handy.

    I know I got your key word wrong, but I did an advanced search on "youtube" posts by "art Mulder" and it doesn't come up. Weird.
    There's usually more than one way to do it...
    www.wordsnwood.com ........ facebook.com/wordsnwood

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Delton, Michigan
    Posts
    17,475

    search

    you could do a search for the guy that posted it i think his name wa art
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

Similar Threads

  1. Missing Pet
    By Vaughn McMillan in forum Off Topic Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-20-2012, 08:24 PM
  2. Missing Posts
    By Rob Keeble in forum Site Questions and Test Posts
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-26-2008, 06:54 PM
  3. What's missing?
    By Don Taylor in forum General Woodworking Q&A
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-29-2007, 01:38 AM
  4. Many photos missing in posts - removed?
    By Al Navas in forum Site Questions and Test Posts
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-20-2007, 02:39 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •