what is it called

Ralph Tafoya

I went blank as to what sanding disc made out of metal ,has cutting edges on the disc,comes is course,medium and fine,lasts 15 times longer the regular sanding paper. I seen the advertisement but have forgotten the what,where and when about it. any help would be helpful. has any body used one?:huh:

havnt used the disc's but there hand plane or rasp works well takes off wood in hurry where you are hand forming a shape.. for the other i just used disks more latitude in final out come and lots cheaper

I bought a variety of those at a woodworking show and wasn't impressed with them. Didn't last that long, but I was sanding end grain cutting boards at the time, and I think that was hard on them. Also, the coarse one left scratches; more so that regular coarse grit POS pads. My 2 cents.:wave:

I bought a variety of those at a woodworking show and wasn't impressed with them. Didn't last that long, but I was sanding end grain cutting boards at the time, and I think that was hard on them. Also, the coarse one left scratches; more so that regular coarse grit POS pads. My 2 cents.:wave:

I haven't used them, but have seen two or three other posts around the net that weren't too impressed with them either.:dunno: