Getting a SawStop!

Stuart Ablett

The decision has been made, and approved, the wheels have been set in motion, I'm getting the SawStop :thumb:

I want to order it now, as the price is apparently supposed to go up in the new year, and the CND dollar is only costing about 73 yen right now, CHEAP :D

I will not be ready for the saw until next year, so I'm seeing if I can buy it now, but not have it shipped until January.

Shipping should come in around $700 plus transport to my house from the port fro another $100 or so.

Cheers!

Congrats! Is that a left or right tilt saw?

I think it only comes in a left tilt, which is fine by me, that is the way my DeWalt is, so I'm used to it. :D

Order it now! It'll take a while to get there!

Way cool! Congrats! :thumb:

Thanks,

Bill

I'm hoping so, I'm not even sort of kind of ready for it to show up :eek:

I'm shooting for the end of January 2009.

Cheers!

Congrats Stu! How much clearance do you have to lower it into the dungeon? I assume some disassembly will be required.

Bill, I'm going to have to get some lipstick for my pig, what color are you and Vaughn using? Hopefully your not sharing...it's flu season. :rofl:

:thumb::D:thumb::D:thumb::D

I can't really say I'm jealous, as I'm planning to get one myself, hopefully next year. So there's no "you suck!" coming from this canuck, just an "Attaboy!"

:congrats:

now, take care of yourself!

Congratulations Stu. Have seen them at Woodcraft and they seem to be a fine piece of equipment. Just please don't drop it!!!!! (to most that would be an inch or so, but you ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::doh::doh::doh::doh:)!!!

I got my quotes today

All in Canadian dollars
3hp SawStop Cabinetmaker’s Saw...$4104.00
52” Fence System (Fence & Rails).....$655.00
Spare Cartridge for this saw...............$84.00
Dado Cartridge is.............................$108.00
Shipping etc to Tokyo Port................$700.00 <-approx
Shipping to my house......................$150.00
52” Extension Table included with saw :D
................................................=========
......................................................$5717 CND

The Yen is around 73 to buy a Canadian dollar right now, that is about 420,000 yen or about 168 hours of work :thumb:

Going to place the order soon, and it will be shipped next year :wave:

The Yen is around 73 to buy a Canadian dollar right now, that is about 420,000 yen or about 168 hours of work :thumb:

Going to place the order soon, and it will be shipped next year :wave:

Stu,

Big story here yesterday was the yen going up sharply against the US dollar. Don't know what it's doing against the Canadian dollar? :dunno:

Course, the very next story was that Japanese durable goods exports were falling like rocks, so who knows? It's nuts trying to time rates on purchases for retail goods, but since you mentioned it, I thought I'd bring it up...

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=newsarchive&sid=aQgONbPq7b1Y
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601103&sid=a2_kXmdTmz6g&refer=us

It's a crazy world we live in! :dunno:

Thanks,

Bill