Onrust Turnings

Don Orr

I don't post much, so just to prove I really can turn wood, I thought I'd show a few things I did recently for the Onrust. That's a ship I'm helping build locally. www.theonrust.com I take scraps and make things they can sell for fundraising. The group in going to be in NYC for several days at the big boat show at the Javits Center. I coudn't go and help there so I made a bunch of tops and some ornaments for the show. All made from white oak and finished with Bush Oil. Hopefully they will sell to raise money for the project. I think there are 56 tops.

I also made a couple of larger Rosand style ornaments for the Pres. and VP of the nonprofit org. running the project. These are made from the 2 woods used in the ship-white oak and black locust. I put some gloss tung oil varnish on the globes to pretty them up a little. (And don't pay any attetion to the square thing on the right, that's my version of a "flatboard" ornament for our woodworking club party. Big rivalry between turners and flat boarders :D)

Attachments

• onrusttops2.jpg
    onrusttops2.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 51
  • OnrustOrnaments2.jpg
    OnrustOrnaments2.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 47
  • BigOrnaments2.jpg
    BigOrnaments2.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Good stuff, Don. I'd like to see the faces of the flatlanders in your club when you unveil the square ornament. :p