Little ole' Iron reserection project II

Dan Mosley

Well i came across a old hand tool ginder that is made of some cast iron on a wood platform. I attached some before pictures and when i done with it ill post up some after shots. Im just going to restore it best i can as it is right now. All the parts are there but the wheel itself has a chip out of it but in the end it should look fairly good. Think im going to use Navy Gel that i have laying around to remove the rust and then try to wire brush it down on my drill press.............just saving another pc of old stuff from the scrap yard...........any other thoughts ??????? Dan

Attachments

• Hand grinder-1 (450 x 600).jpg
    Hand grinder-1 (450 x 600).jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 46
  • Hand grinder-2 (600 x 450).jpg
    Hand grinder-2 (600 x 450).jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Hi Dan, that project looks like a rewarding one, not too complex and you can get a fantastic sharpening tool that will never burn the edge of you tools, but it will need some "elbow grease".

I look forward to see its evolution.

Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:
Not sure where you live but I got the cradle that guy sits on. When I bought my aircraft carrier the owner of the place told me about some guy who came in to get one of these things. They agreed upon a price, then the guy took tools out of his car dismantled the wheel from the frame and went off. For hauling it away I got an old motor, flywheel and leather belt arrangement to spin that guy via electrons. I'd give it to you if you were close.