Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Advanced christmas present from Santa Merlau

Advanced christmas present from Santa Merlau

This morning I went to the post office to pick up a parcel I was expecting.
    It had been sent by our friend Larry who was kind enough to offer himself to buy me a bandsaw blade and ship it to me, due to the difficulties I was having to get one here. Here it is.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	santa merlau01.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	47.5 KB 
ID:	26583

Can you imagine what was my surprise when instead of a bandsaw blade I got this ham?

Name:	santa merlau06.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	53.5 KB 
ID:	26584

But under the ham there were not one but eight assorted bandsaw blades So I could make the olimpic symbol and 3/4 of the audi logo with them.

Name:	santa merlau02.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	29.9 KB 
ID:	26585Click image for larger version. 

Name:	santa merlau03.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	56.5 KB 
ID:	26586
    plus two deer's glass eyes that I will use for a carousel horse I'm planning to make.

Name:	santa merlau05.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	25.2 KB 
ID:	26588
    There was also some unindentifyable wood dust to fake that the saws were used ( just in case).

Name:	santa merlau04.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	28.8 KB 
ID:	26587
    Larry I have no words...

Name:	santa larry.JPG 
Views:	21 
Size:	13.1 KB 
ID:	26589
    Best regards,
    Toni

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________
    web site:http://www.toniciuraneta.com
    I also dream of a shop with north light where my hands can be busy, my soul rest and my mind wander...

What a guy Larry is. Envy you with both the saw blades and what looks like deer jamon. Back in South Africa we would make what the North Americans call "Jerky" and we called Biltong out of that leg. It comes out much drier but tastes great.
    The jerky you can buy in the stores tastes like over flavored colored mashed hardboard. Here is a picture of what i mean. Uys will know what I am refering to. Man my mouth is watering after all this.
    I only once found a place in USA that made "Jerky" like biltong and that was outside Pittsburg in a small village near Tarentum not far from Deer Lakes County Regional Park. Couple of guys own a pretty good hardware store and they had sticks of beef jerky on sale in a jar. Now thats what I would consider Jerky to taste like.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails biltong.jpg  
    Last edited by Rob Keeble; 12-13-2008 at 02:00 PM.
    cheers

That ham must have a hinge in it somewhere that's hidden in the picture so it can fold up and fit in the box!
    Host of the 2017 Family Woodworking Gathering - Sunken Wood

“We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk
    www.wrworkshop.com

Geez Toni, that Larry is just one big ole teddybear

Way to go Larry, mighty nice of you gent!

Toni, don't try to fool us, I know "prosciutto crudo" when I see it

"Ham" just does not cover it

Cheers!
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

Congratulations Toni.
    Wadda guy, Larry. Hard to say enough about someone as generous as that.
    'Tis the season.

Congrats, Toni! Great score!

That Larry! What a great gesture! I'll never mumble to myself about syntax again! And yet, the idea of Larry in a santa suit just has too many contradictions to hold in my mind. It would be like seeing Larry in a Tux!

Oh, wait...

But the ham part would never work! American hams don't look like that. still, seeing that picture made me miss having a nice Jambon Cru hanging in the kitchen, that I could just take a slice off whenever I was hungry!

Thanks,

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Lantry View Post
    And yet, the idea of Larry in a santa suit just has too many contradictions to hold in my mind.
    That just reminds me of that classic christmas song "Grandma got run over by a Reindeer".

santa's reply

well toni??? you got me on the deer leg,, i even thought the wife had slipped something in unbeknown to me wouldnt have been the first time she got her 2 cents in with out me knowing it as for the gift toni, this was given to you from the "family" ,,this is no different than what you have done for them in your help and advice, this just happened to be something that we were able to do for you. as for Santa well he resides in many places during the course of the year and he just happened to be stayun at my house when you're request came in.. there were other elves involved in this! it wasn't just me doing this. thanks to the elves for all of your help in making this a sucess..spread the cheer and like my second sig line states,, one hand washes the other
    Last edited by larry merlau; 12-13-2008 at 07:40 PM.
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by Rennie Heuer View Post
    That ham must have a hinge in it somewhere that's hidden in the picture so it can fold up and fit in the box!
    Of course it has, it is a full leg isn't it? So it bends by the knee
    Best regards,
    Toni

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________
    web site:http://www.toniciuraneta.com
    I also dream of a shop with north light where my hands can be busy, my soul rest and my mind wander...

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Lantry View Post
    Congrats, Toni! Great score!

That Larry! What a great gesture! I'll never mumble to myself about syntax again! And yet, the idea of Larry in a santa suit just has too many contradictions to hold in my mind. It would be like seeing Larry in a Tux!

Oh, wait...

Thanks,

Bill
    ok bill explain to me the syntax part of this??? i tried to comprhind it but cant get it sifferd,, ireally do know alitel bout syntax tho it gives me fits regulary on a DI press that has a ancient rip attached..doesnt like the newere PS 3
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!