Sheet goods storage

Jack Lemley

Hi All,

I saw plans for a sheet goods storage unit a while back and can't locate it now that I am ready to build and install (go figure :doh:). This storage unit had a caster on one end and the other end was hinged to the wall so that it could be swung out for getting at the plywood and swung back flat against the wall to free up floor space. Please help;-)

Thanks
Jack

Last edited:
Hi All,

I saw plans for a sheet goods storage unit a while back and can't locate it now that I am ready to build and install (go figure :doh:). This storage unit had a caster on one end and the other end was hinged to the wall so that it could be swung out for getting at the plywood and swung back flat against the wall to free up floor space. Please help;-)

Thanks
Jack

Jack, I "THINK" it was in WOOD Magazine, but don't remember the issue. If not WOOD, it must have been in American Woodworker. Seems like it was in a mid to late 2007 issue. Sorry I can't be of more help.

take a look at the shop tours or do a search for sheetgood storge or plywood storage here..it was posted in one of our forums some time back..here is a description of how another guy done it..

imagine cutting that 4x8 sheep diagonaly, then position the 2 piecec side by side so they are 4 foot tall 8 foot long triangles, now drop a 2x6 or wider between them both bottom and back, put a couple foot longor more pieces of 2x4 across the bottom at 90 degrees for stability and add casters, it rolls flat against the wall for storage and with the tapers pocket, you can put smaller pieces towards the end so that they are easily accessible.

Last edited:
Sheet good storae

This is about 79" long x 45.5" high over 2x6, I wish I would have used a 2x8.
I recycled 3 door hinges, the wheel is 4", I wouldn't go smaller.
Hope this helps

IMG_1491a.jpg

I went another route. I wanted storage like Norm has so I opted for this. It also is storage for cutoffs and other scraps. I built it tall enough to stand a 4x8 sheet vertically.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 56
Thanks for the replies

I think I have it figured out. My ceiling is a normal 8 foot ceiling so vertical storage is out.

Jack

"If everything is under control you are moving too slowly"