Beautiful Day in the PNW

I take it Bart you did not get any snow last night. You missed all the fun. We went out for a Holiday party for the wife's work last night. Just started snowing when we went out and about 3 to 4 inches coming home. Problem is we live about 440 feet above Bellingham proper. The road up the hill is very very steep and since we have lived here for about 12 years, we are prepared with an all wheel drive vehicle equipped with studded snow tires on all four wheels. Problem is each winter there are new people who move into the area that have no idea about snow on steep hills. I had to pass 6 cars going up the hill that were stopped all over the place. If you stop or slow down on the hill, you are dead. You will never make it up it without a running start. So many people are ill equipped or have no idea that you must maintain your momentum. Being an old ski bum I know all the tricks. This morning went down that same hill and there were abandon cars all over the place. A lot of expensive Volvo's and Lexus SUV's!

We got a bit of snow yesterday/last night. I'm up about 600 feet, with a long hill to climb too. My car is rear wheel drive, so I have to load the trunk with weight and go steady and slow...

Looking out my front door...

View attachment 26651

Now clear and the sun is peeking out of the cloud cover, but cold... 30.4F

Last edited:
softy's :rofl: we got 40 degrees and thawing:) must be mother nature got lost with her new gps gadget.

It is not smart to mess with Mother Nature. I will bet you would be nice and warm in that new shop of yours no matter what the temperature. Someday...I will know the feeling. I think in the new shop I will put in a nice pot belly stove with a couple chairs around it just for the ambiance and pretend that is really cold and miserable like Michigan during the winter.:D

Beautiful clear day here, but colder than it looks.

...really cold and miserable like Michigan during the winter.:D

Are you talking about a shop or about my ex-wife? :rofl:

(Just kidding, she's still a good friend...and she even does woodworking, too.)

It's cold here too, only about 73 and rain. Got my lone pants and shoes on :eek: BRRRRR. The wife is on the phone to her sister in Vancover, Washington and shes worried about the snow falling there:( she'll get over it:rofl: We did get snow here today.... up on Mouna Kea:thumb: That will bring the crazy tourist with their rock skies and brag about skiing Hawaii:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Hi you guys,

Sorry you are all having such a nice time with your weather (Chukle, chukle, huh Royal?) :D

It's about 79 here now with about 10 mph wind and 76% humidity. :thumb:

Of course, I just looked outside and
IT"S RAINING AGAIN!!!!!
:eek:
If the island gets much more rain we will need pontoons on our shoes. We have had so much flooding. Houses getting washed off foundations. Mud everywhere. Sheesh, what a mess. Not right near me though, thank goodness. :wave:

Hope you all have a fine evening.

Aloha, Tony

Yes, I see where you having some real problems with rain. Maybe we can do a little trading. Send some warmth our way and we will take the rain with it. I will bet Royal doesn't realize any difference in the rain considering he lives in Hilo.

Hang in there...maybe you should start building a boat...just in case.

It is clear and sunny here, about 48F, will get down to about 40F tonight, a nice fall day in my books :thumb:

Lots of the locals here are staggering around bundled up in down parkas, scarves and sheepskin boots, I'm wearing a t-shirt with a light fleece jacket, and a hat, they NEVER get it, wear a hat, and you stay warm :dunno:

I ask them about cold countries, like Canada, everyone knows that Canadians wear hat in the winter, we even have our own word for it, "tuque" or them Russians they all wear them fur hats called "Ushanka", now why is it that cold countries have their own hats? Why they keep you warm in the winter :doh:

Hey greg, I bet you are really going to miss that snow eh :rolleyes: :rofl:

I take it Bart you did not get any snow last night. You missed all the fun.

No :) I didn't miss anything we got about 2".:D
But accept for the concrete steps with exposed bottoms that get colder than the sidewalks I had to get out early & scrape them clean & sand them before the apartment residents start using them. The rest of the sidewalks were already starting to thaw.

Last edited:
Bart,

That is one thing I do not miss one bit. If I had to do that at my property, I think retirement would look like the best option. Of course, that's the reason I live here, to be away from the snow and cold.

It's 12:20 AM and it's 75 degrees, OH and it stopped raining.

But I understand that we got some snow here in the islands, over where Royall is, but up at higher elevations.

Aloha, Tony

-2 this morning with a wind chill in the -25 range and 4-6" of snow coming tomorrow...I tried to spend some time in the shop last night but only lasted about 15mins. BRRRRRRRR!

you guys just couldnt keep that cruddy white stuff, had to send it out here......I might have to go buy some gasoline for cujo.

Attachments

• wood stuff 426 (Medium).jpg
    wood stuff 426 (Medium).jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 15
Last edited: