You know you're a woodworker when...

I believe I can identify with all of them, but none more that this,
"You know exactly where everything is in your shop....except for a pencil."

I believe I can identify with all of them, but none more that this,
"You know exactly where everything is in your shop....except for a pencil."

I thought I had solved that by buying a lot of pencils and putting all over the shop, but somehow they still keep disappearing. I don't understand it.

Since I know little about furniture construction, I always find myself looking underneath table tops and bending over to look at the ways doors are made, how they are connected, bases, walls of furniture.
I think some of the people that see me do this feel sorry for me, like I have some type of mental disorder, cause I feel around all the joints and corners.(sometimes try to smell the wood)

I for one absolutely love the smell of cutting walnut. I read they've developed a meat scented aftershave for men, which I would think would be somewhat repulsive. But a "Cut Walnut" one....I'd be headed right to the store to get some.

I for one absolutely love the smell of cutting walnut. I read they've developed a meat scented aftershave for men, which I would think would be somewhat repulsive. But a "Cut Walnut" one....I'd be headed right to the store to get some.

well yu should try some cherry..its delightfull and reminds me of some great times with some swisser sweets:)

When you wake one evening in your easy chair and find a small pencil in the pocket of your house coat :dunno:............ Marshall

I figured Im getting there.

I went out into the garage(my shop) for a screw to hang something for my wife, and started to look over things, backed the car out, pulled out my tablesaw, then my jigsaw, painted something I was playing with, read a few pages of instructions on the jointer, sorted through some wood looking for what pieces I want to use for my next small project, and when I came back in with the screw, my wife was sleeping for the night.

Woodworking has an amazing capacity for sidetracking.