You know you're a woodworker when...

my buddy neededto use my bathroom, and when hes in there for a couple of minutes, I hear him screaming out, ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!!!WOOD, WOOD, WOOD, whoa..........we got a rockler catalog...........this is your reading material, youre addicted man........then another 2 minutes later...oh wait, thankyou, I found a catalog for screws! SCREWSSSSSSS, ARE YOU REALLY KIDDING ME NOW!!!!!!!!(I once took a mcfeeleys catalog in with me)
HOW CAN YOU SIT HERE AND READ A CATALOG ON SCREWS!!!!!!!!!!
You got a problem man, a real serious problem!!!!!!!!!!SCREWS, AN ENTIRE BOOK ON SCREWS...........DO YOU HAVE AN ENTIRE BOOK ON SCREWDRIVERS!!!!!!!!????

well, he just doesnt get it.(I opened the door and threw in one of my daughters style magazines, and left)

Last edited:
You know you are a woodworker when you can hear the sound of a freshly sharpened plane cutting through wood for more than two hours only making shavings and smelling them.

Swiish... Touch.... Smell.... Swiish... touch... and smell

I don't think I have a shirt in my closet that does'nt have glue on it. Of course I have a shop apron,but I ussualy put it on after I get it on my shirt. Also the most common remark made by my wife as I come in from my shop is go out and brush yourself off, your full of sawdust.:dunno::D:rofl:

You know you're a woodworker when you are sitting on the lanai with the wife when you here a power tool in the distance and say "Gee honey, sounds like the neighbor two houses down is planing some wood!" response, "how do you know that?? Well, I say "just listen and I bet it's a Dewalt!" A little while later after more familiar sound I figure it's time to introduce myself to the neighbor.... sure enough he has a DeWalt just like mine. :rofl::rofl:

You know you're a woodworker when your wife says do you need to buy another tool for your shop. Don't you already have enough to build your project.:dunno:

I figured Im getting there.

I went out into the garage(my shop) for a screw to hang something for my wife, and started to look over things, backed the car out, pulled out my tablesaw, then my jigsaw, painted something I was playing with, read a few pages of instructions on the jointer, sorted through some wood looking for what pieces I want to use for my next small project, and when I came back in with the screw, my wife was sleeping for the night.

Woodworking has an amazing capacity for sidetracking.

Allen,

As you age you will forget to bring in the screw :rofl:

Shoot, sometimes when I am doing something and have to get something out of the shop to do it I will have forgotten what it is I'm after by the time I unlock the shop:rofl::rofl:.

I'll add one that I've recently been caught at............

While watching a moving on DVD, in the middle of a very dramatic scene, you will stop the DVD, and rewind it to get a better look at a very nice cabinet with some really fine turnings and carvings on it, and you now know how to use the ZOOM function on your DVD player :D :thumb: