Picture Frame

Aaron Beaver

I made this simple picture frame for a Christmas gift but I am mostly posting it because I bought the wood on top, Ironwood, from someone here on the forums. If they are still around just wanted to show them what I done with it.

PictureFrame001.jpg

aaron i wood say you dun rite well on the use of that ugly wood:) thats a sharp frame for sure,, you must have glued up the stock then cut the mitres? i like how you matched the grain in there as well..

That came out looking great, Aaron. I'm considering making a picture frame as a gift for one of LOML's friends. I really like the contrasting wood idea.

aaron i wood say you dun rite well on the use of that ugly wood:) thats a sharp frame for sure,, you must have glued up the stock then cut the mitres? i like how you matched the grain in there as well..

Yep larry, glued the pieces together with them being wider than the finish product. After glued dried I cut to final width then I cut the profile with a round nose bit in the router table. The middle groove is the entire bit of course, then inside groove is just half the bit. Then routed the rabbet in the back and then cut the miters.

Pretty easy but it looks really nice when you use contrasting woods and the possibilities are endless.