DSC03372_c.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 75
  • DSC03502_c.jpg
    DSC03502_c.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 101
  • DSC03506_c.jpg
    DSC03506_c.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 63
Very nice. Your consistency in turning all of them is very good.
What kind of wood did you use?
Is the hidden coin a Mexican tradition?

Frank,
the candle sticks are made of Red cedar and mahogany was used for
the picture frame.

Mexican tradition ?
No it was my solution to make this part of this project.
Perhaps it is not the best solution but I liked it
because I made it by myself.
Regards

Great work, Alfredo. The candlesticks are very consistent and nicely shaped. The frame make a nice companion to the candlesticks, too. I also like the wood block you used to shape the metal parts of the candlesticks.

Alfredo,
I like the candle sticks.. nicely done. I wish I could be so consistent when I do duplicates... I can't seem to get quite so precise.

Who is the boy in your avatar? is it your son or a younger picture of yourself... he has a fierce expression on his face... quite handsome young man. He makes me think of some of the pictures I see in the local Mexican resturants of the young boys with Pancho Villa and Benito Juarez.

Alfredo,
I like the candle sticks.. nicely done. I wish I could be so consistent when I do duplicates... I can't seem to get quite so precise.

Who is the boy in your avatar? is it your son or a younger picture of yourself... he has a fierce expression on his face... quite handsome young man. He makes me think of some of the pictures I see in the local Mexican resturants of the young boys with Pancho Villa and Benito Juarez.

He is my father (RIP) when he was a young boy

What I like about them, besides the shape, is the minute differences between the candlesticks shows that they were turned individually, rather than with a duplicater.

To me that shows someone who cares enough to do all the work themselves.

Thanks for sharing them with us.

Bruce

You are on full woodworking throtle Alfredo, those are great looking pieces.

I'd like to see one of those coins that you mention. Are they from Pancho Villa's revolution or older?